• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

To be able to recolor embelishments on a LO....Just blows my mind....just think of all the supplies paper scrappers must buy and use once....and I never had the right color so had to go shopping LOL

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,446 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

I agree Carol! I often re-color things to suit my layout - fun to do!  Sure beats paper scrapping. ;)

#3 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

I know exactly what you are saying, Carol! I get so frustrated when I do paper crafts because I can't change things with a mouse click!

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngWT-Button-copy.gif
SGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#4 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I still do a little paper scrapping and have at times wished I could just change the color of a paper to make it match the photos better.

I also enjoy the ability to alter some color in a photo - especially one wedding photo I had of a friend's wedding and the groom's mother was wearing a very bright pink dress which stood out too much on the layout so I just altered it to be a softer lilac and it looked a lot better. 

Digital scrapbooking is so much easier to do than paper scrapping. 

2014_springavatar-1_zpsae1b4821.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Now that's a great idea, Anne-Marie. All brides should be aware of this option, think of all the fights that could be avoided. Personally, I love recoloring. I would have to think to try to remember a layout where I didn't change the color or at least the shade of something.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#6 KatieGrace

KatieGrace

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

I love being able to recolor to get the exact shade I need for a layout but sometimes when I do, I wonder how the designers feel about my adjustments.

BLINKIES_wise1.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#7 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,446 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

I love being able to recolor to get the exact shade I need for a layout but sometimes when I do, I wonder how the designers feel about my adjustments.

Katie, I don't think the designers mind if you re-color their products. I was taught that we should make a note of any product alterations in the product descriptions. Usually when I list my products in the EXIF properties, I just type "re-colored" in parentheses after the product name. The same holds true for retired products or products altered in any way. ;)

Examples:

SNU_JIF6_WWonderful-PaintedHeart (re-colored)

DEB_Felicity_WordArt_2_Friend (altered)

DEB_Desire_Garden (retired)

#8 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,536 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I always recolor just about anything. I usually say, 'Adjusted' after the product name but thanks for the reminder Theresa. I will make sure I remember to always do it in future.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#9 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,446 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

I always recolor just about anything. I usually say, 'Adjusted' after the product name but thanks for the reminder Theresa. I will make sure I remember to always do it in future.

Belle, I think "Adjusted"  probably works just as well. :)

Personally, I just prefer to differentiate between re-coloring and altering. (I don't think the digital scrapbooking police will come searching for anyone - at least I hope not) :shycouch:

#10 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,548 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

I love the ability to recolor, but I really miss the Undo button when working with paper!

#11 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Oh my! I recolor and adjust a lot too. I never knew to list that in the credits. So sorry. Will definitely do from now on.

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#12 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

When I list credits, I try to make note of any changes I've made - recoloring, resizing, and/or blending, styles applied.  I record these details for my own use; I save the finished page with all the information in case I ever want to go back and figure out how I did something.   And I copy that info into the File Info attached to the page before I crop it.

gallery_3248_66_19146.gif

My gallery

#13 KatieGrace

KatieGrace

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

I will try too remember to make some notes on my layouts in the future. Thanks for the feedback. I know when I have altered something but without checking to see if something is still in the boutique, is there an easy way to know if something is retired? I know I probably have a lot of retired products.

BLINKIES_wise1.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#14 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,446 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

I will try too remember to make some notes on my layouts in the future. Thanks for the feedback. I know when I have altered something but without checking to see if something is still in the boutique, is there an easy way to know if something is retired? I know I probably have a lot of retired products.

Hi Katie, other than checking the boutique, I don't know of an easy way to find out if a product is retired. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once I know a product is retired for sure, I usually rename it in the folder I have it in with a "z" in front of the name, and for products I have from designers who are no longer with SG, I rename them with "zz". Then later, if I use that product I know it's retired.

Example:

I have a folder among my collections named z-BMU Going Dutch. This tells me the collection is retired, but the designer is still with SG.

I have a product named zz-CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker. The double Z tells me the product is retired and the designer is no longer with SG.

#15 KatieGrace

KatieGrace

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi Katie, other than checking the boutique, I don't know of an easy way to find out if a product is retired. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once I know a product is retired for sure, I usually rename it in the folder I have it in with a "z" in front of the name, and for products I have from designers who are no longer with SG, I rename them with "zz". Then later, if I use that product I know it's retired.

Example:

I have a folder among my collections named z-BMU Going Dutch. This tells me the collection is retired, but the designer is still with SG.

I have a product named zz-CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker. The double Z tells me the product is retired and the designer is no longer with SG.

Those are good ideas going forward, but I have so much, it would take me forever to backtrack and rename everything. I think that each time a do a layout, I'll check to see the product status and then make a list that I can access in the future. I know I have a lot of products from designers that are no longer with SG so that will be a good start. Thanks for the suggestions.

#16 AngRoCamp

AngRoCamp

Queen of the Late Night Layouts

• Design Team
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

That's one of probably my top 3 reasons for having made the switch from paper to digi :) I LOVED being able to *perfectly* color coordinate my photos and layouts. The freedom and never-ending possibilities kind of blew me away in the beginning!

#17 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • 1,287 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

That's one of probably my top 3 reasons for having made the switch from paper to digi :) I LOVED being able to *perfectly* color coordinate my photos and layouts. The freedom and never-ending possibilities kind of blew me away in the beginning!

Recoloring, Resizing anything and everything, and no paper scraps on the floor :P

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users