Isn't It Just Soooo Cool

Ande43

To be able to recolor embelishments on a LO....Just blows my mind....just think of all the supplies paper scrappers must buy and use once....and I never had the right color so had to go shopping LOL

I still do a little paper scrapping and have at times wished I could just change the color of a paper to make it match the photos better.

I also enjoy the ability to alter some color in a photo - especially one wedding photo I had of a friend's wedding and the groom's mother was wearing a very bright pink dress which stood out too much on the layout so I just altered it to be a softer lilac and it looked a lot better.

Digital scrapbooking is so much easier to do than paper scrapping.

Now that's a great idea, Anne-Marie. All brides should be aware of this option, think of all the fights that could be avoided. Personally, I love recoloring. I would have to think to try to remember a layout where I didn't change the color or at least the shade of something.

I love being able to recolor to get the exact shade I need for a layout but sometimes when I do, I wonder how the designers feel about my adjustments.

Katie, I don't think the designers mind if you re-color their products. I was taught that we should make a note of any product alterations in the product descriptions. Usually when I list my products in the EXIF properties, I just type "re-colored" in parentheses after the product name. The same holds true for retired products or products altered in any way. ;)

Examples:

SNU_JIF6_WWonderful-PaintedHeart (re-colored)

DEB_Felicity_WordArt_2_Friend (altered)

DEB_Desire_Garden (retired)

I always recolor just about anything. I usually say, 'Adjusted' after the product name but thanks for the reminder Theresa. I will make sure I remember to always do it in future.

Belle, I think "Adjusted" probably works just as well. :)

Personally, I just prefer to differentiate between re-coloring and altering. (I don't think the digital scrapbooking police will come searching for anyone - at least I hope not) :shycouch:

When I list credits, I try to make note of any changes I've made - recoloring, resizing, and/or blending, styles applied. I record these details for my own use; I save the finished page with all the information in case I ever want to go back and figure out how I did something. And I copy that info into the File Info attached to the page before I crop it.

I will try too remember to make some notes on my layouts in the future. Thanks for the feedback. I know when I have altered something but without checking to see if something is still in the boutique, is there an easy way to know if something is retired? I know I probably have a lot of retired products.

I will try too remember to make some notes on my layouts in the future. Thanks for the feedback. I know when I have altered something but without checking to see if something is still in the boutique, is there an easy way to know if something is retired? I know I probably have a lot of retired products.

Hi Katie, other than checking the boutique, I don't know of an easy way to find out if a product is retired. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once I know a product is retired for sure, I usually rename it in the folder I have it in with a "z" in front of the name, and for products I have from designers who are no longer with SG, I rename them with "zz". Then later, if I use that product I know it's retired.

Example:

I have a folder among my collections named z-BMU Going Dutch. This tells me the collection is retired, but the designer is still with SG.

I have a product named zz-CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker. The double Z tells me the product is retired and the designer is no longer with SG.

Hi Katie, other than checking the boutique, I don't know of an easy way to find out if a product is retired. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once I know a product is retired for sure, I usually rename it in the folder I have it in with a "z" in front of the name, and for products I have from designers who are no longer with SG, I rename them with "zz". Then later, if I use that product I know it's retired.

Example:

I have a folder among my collections named z-BMU Going Dutch. This tells me the collection is retired, but the designer is still with SG.

I have a product named zz-CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker. The double Z tells me the product is retired and the designer is no longer with SG.

Those are good ideas going forward, but I have so much, it would take me forever to backtrack and rename everything. I think that each time a do a layout, I'll check to see the product status and then make a list that I can access in the future. I know I have a lot of products from designers that are no longer with SG so that will be a good start. Thanks for the suggestions.

That's one of probably my top 3 reasons for having made the switch from paper to digi :) I LOVED being able to *perfectly* color coordinate my photos and layouts. The freedom and never-ending possibilities kind of blew me away in the beginning!

That's one of probably my top 3 reasons for having made the switch from paper to digi :) I LOVED being able to *perfectly* color coordinate my photos and layouts. The freedom and never-ending possibilities kind of blew me away in the beginning!

Recoloring, Resizing anything and everything, and no paper scraps on the floor :P

Archived