Silhouette Cameo

KatieGrace

My Silhouette Cameo was delivered yesterday. It's something I've been saving for but I'm still a little uneasy about the expense. So I have 30 days to decide if I'm going to keep it. I have a habit of letting new things sit in their boxes for a while before I get the courage to experiment. My question is, does anyone have it and do you like it? Is there a big learning curve? I have an old Wishblade which is very technical and not user friendly. I liked what it could do but they stopped supporting the software and it is very limited. Any comments are welcome.

I have both a Cricut and a Cameo - love them both, not big learning curve needed I think. I am yet to try the pens though, and have not tried to cut out something that is printed yet. I must say I do prefer the Silhouette to Cricut. I just don't like their cutting mats though. Mine had to be cut to make the edge smaller because it kept cutting off the matt, didn't seem to load all the way in like the Cricut does. hth?

Katie Grace, I LOVE my silhouette cameo! I had never had a cutting machine before, so for me it was a whole new ballgame BUT there are a ton of youtubes out there and online classes/tutorials that you can take to get you going. Now I use it all the time for digital hybrid projects. Here is a link to a previous discussion on silhouette ... it might be helpful and encouraging to you. http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/60466-silhouette-portrait/

Archived