Missing Functions On Task Bar

sueinva

My computer just shutdown while working on photo for updates...grrrr..no notice like usual so I'll have to redo a few things but when it came back up the layers, effects buttons to the right of task bar are not there and I don't know how to get them back! Have restarted computer but same thing when I get it back up

I have PSE 12

Thanks

Sue

Mine does that sometimes, and runs slow on here at times. Also if you are using Internet Explorer like I am, April said it didn't work as well with things. I've just learned to live with it. :) I also have to click on the little square in the functions of writing a message. It looks like it says "n." Wendee asked about the problems, but it is a small thing, and I don't want to use another browser. Good luck!

You could ask April or Wendee about it.

Sue, I don't have PSE, but I wonder if you have an option called Window at the top of the screen? If so, maybe you can go down the list and click on whatever is missing - Layers, Brushes, Styles, etc.

OK so I figured it out, I had saved web page on screen instead of psd photo and when I put that it I got the panels back , HOWEVER, when it shut down and I brought that psd back up, it shows as all one document as background so I can't make any changes to photo...is there someway to open up the layers?

Sue

Sue, are you saying you used "Save for Web...", but you didn't save a copy as a PSD file?

If you didn't save a PSD copy, I don't know of any way you could get the layers back.

... I brought that psd back up, it shows as all one document as background so I can't make any changes to photo...is there someway to open up the layers?

If your PSD file shows only the background layer, your project was inadvertently flattened. Or possibly you never had the chance to save your layered PSD file, only a JPG version, before your computer crashed.

I did save for web , then I unfattened and worked on it further, that's when the computer shut down and when it came back somehow I guess it was flattened, however it happened , guess it's stuck like that, thank heavens I had saved it previous to the last few changes!

Archived