• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Ok...does this sound goofy....I am going to backup my Lap Top with Carbonite and instead of having them back up my 2T EHD I got another 2T EHD drive so have the same files on each of those,,,, Cheaper in the long run as it is only $59 for a year of just my LT.????

gallery_14855_66_11747.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

I do that Carol. I back up in more than one place though. We have another hard drive that we don't update as often that I keep in the safe deposit box. And it has everything on it, not just my scrapbook stuff.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,405 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

I do that Carol. I back up in more than one place though. We have another hard drive that we don't update as often that I keep in the safe deposit box. And it has everything on it, not just my scrapbook stuff.

Good Idea April

#4 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Good Idea April

We've been doing it since about 1998 - long before online back-ups were the norm. ;)

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Good Idea April

We've been doing it since about 1998 - long before online back-ups were the norm. ;)

Carbonite + two Duplicate EHD drives should be enough...if not I am thinking I was not suppose to have  the stuff LOL....as I have said, we scrappers lean toward the Paranoid....I know I do.

#6 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

I use Carbonite to back up my desktop and my 3TB EHD.  My EHD is starting to make weird sounds, so I guess it's time to purchase a new one.  This time it will be 4TB.  Can't believe that I have that much 'stuff'.  I remember when I thought that my new 52MB IBM Computer was big enough.  :rofl:

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#7 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

I use Carbonite to back up my desktop and my 3TB EHD.  My EHD is starting to make weird sounds, so I guess it's time to purchase a new one.  This time it will be 4TB.  Can't believe that I have that much 'stuff'.  I remember when I thought that my new 52MB IBM Computer was big enough.  :rofl:

I have a 2T and two 1T.....The guy out at Staples just looks at me and shakes his head...the second time I went out and got a  1T he said are you sure you need that?  I said well, I have a 1T full already and he could not believe it.....not a scrapper, obviously....LOL

#8 Boatlady

Boatlady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Personal Statement:A bad day on the boat is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

Thanks ladies for inspiration. I have 3 EHD and do back up often but now after all this chatter I am inspired to do it again today before leaving to work on the boat. It can run the whole time.

Happy Scrapping

gallery_24445_66_8905.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif

#9 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

My 3TB EHD died.  So I was going to buy a 4TB, as I thought that was as big as they came.  Wrongo!  I am now the proud owner of a 5TB Seagate EHD.  The guy at Best Buy didn't believe that I needed that big of a drive.  He tried to talk me into getting either a 2TB or a 3TB.  He said, "Honey you don't need that much space."  So I answered him back, "Oh but HONEY, I do."  I'm surprised that he didn't pat me on the head.  ;)   Condescending little twirp.  So I know what you mean Ande/Carol.  :D

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#10 Smiles

Smiles

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Good for  you, Carol!  Give him what for!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

My 3TB EHD died.  So I was going to buy a 4TB, as I thought that was as big as they came.  Wrongo!  I am now the proud owner of a 5TB Seagate EHD.  The guy at Best Buy didn't believe that I needed that big of a drive.  He tried to talk me into getting either a 2TB or a 3TB.  He said, "Honey you don't need that much space."  So I answered him back, "Oh but HONEY, I do."  I'm surprised that he didn't pat me on the head.  ;)   Condescending little twirp.  So I know what you mean Ande/Carol.  :D

Well "Honey" I guess you don't know that those big strong guys knew EVERYTHING...LOLOLLOLOLOLLOL....I LOVE how you replied!!!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users