Design Bug Has Hit Again...give Me Ideas

The last time I posted this I got alot of good ideas that you'll see coming out in project that I worked on. So i'm going to post the question again.

I've been in the mood to design lately. What kind of things do you want to see more of in the store? What have you been looking for that you can't find? What can you just not get enough of?

Post your ideas, comments, suggestions and maybe you'll see it pop up in the store in the future.

Love when you get the design bug! With summer coming I could use some more swimming/pool kits, since Caitlyn would live in the pool if I let her! Also, I would love to see some more art journaling type dolls or girls. I have used Brandy's several times, but would like some more variety. And the biggie coming up at my house...Graduation and going off to college!!!

Oh....these words are music to my ears! ;)

I like Melanie's suggestions, summer and pool. This time of year I think of flowers and planting and especially my bird feeders. I could watch the birds and flowers forever! I'm trying to wait patiently....you know how spring in Missouri can be! Petunias are my favorite flowers to plant, lots of color and blooms. Last year was the first year I had Orioles. Hummingbirds. Clay pots. Melanie needs flowers around the pool right?? Patio, fire pit, s'mores. Ponds. Fishing.

And always, always, always....clusters. And collage papers.

I know, this REALLY narrows it down for you.

I love all your artsy stuff and your ephemera... And seeing as how you have BOYS and I have BOYS... And one turning 13 very soon... A more masculine palette?? Lots of grunge and texture and boyish things like twigs,army soldiers, toy cars, Lego, minecraft, old school video games, mess, tidy your room, dream cars, homework, sleeping in, becoming independent... That kind of thing??? Will like whatever you design really :-)

Amanda....love that idea, not designing your collection (lol) but doing a collage one. Maybe I would have to start that for the following week, wouldn't be able to finish it this week. But I could work alot of Conda and Melanie's ideas in there.

Jody...LOVE that idea. Off to look for things to do some collagy boy papers

I vote for collage and Art Journaling dolls that can be personalized.....

And, a purple kit? A true, pure purple Collection. I see lavendar and different hues of purple, but not a pure, vivid rich purple collection. :)

I love all your artsy stuff and your ephemera... And seeing as how you have BOYS and I have BOYS... And one turning 13 very soon... A more masculine palette?? Lots of grunge and texture and boyish things like twigs,army soldiers, toy cars, Lego, minecraft, old school video games, mess, tidy your room, dream cars, homework, sleeping in, becoming independent... That kind of thing??? Will like whatever you design really :-)

Never enough boy collections!

I love love love Jody's suggestion, boy grunge stuff definitely. On the topic of grunge, i've seen various gesso textures and paint daubs that have a distinct 3D effect to them, any possibility you could include some in a kit (or make a mini kit just of these items) - let me know if you need some examples and I'll email you some.

Along the boy theme...I was thinking (prior to Jody's post) that semi trucks would be fun. Grungy. My *little boy* likes them a lot. What's that saying? His favorite color is chrome? Cool ain't cheap?

Male themed....wood working tools.

Gnomes ( I went looking for these in the boutique and could not find any)

I've got some Lego inspired stuff I'm working on. I've also got the opposite of a design bug, maybe it's a virus! I've been stuck ever since I lost my sketchbook. I found it again, thank goodness. Maybe some of Angie's design mojo can rub off on me.

I've got some Lego inspired stuff I'm working on. I've also got the opposite of a design bug, maybe it's a virus! I've been stuck ever since I lost my sketchbook. I found it again, thank goodness. Maybe some of Angie's design mojo can rub off on me.

I hope that includes some of the colors and themes for all the new girl Legos. Caitlyn has tons of Lego Friends sets!

Well, since I only have grandsons, I haven't tackled the girly stuff yet. I will definitely put that on my list though. That should be fun to work with. I look at all the Friends Lego kits with envy, wishing I had someone to buy them for! They didn't have too much of that when my daughter was young.

Love the latest clusters - can't wait to use them! I'm needing (or will eventually need) a kit with an airplane/aerospace/skydiving theme. My father-in-law worked at a plant that built fighter jets and transport jets. He also flew a Cessna and was a skydiver. Not sure what I'm looking for - maybe parachutes, plane embellishments (but not commercial airliners - although biplanes would probably be funny), word art about flying, soaring, jumping... I don't know. Not sure how versatile a kit like this would be unless it had an industrial or extreme sports theme. Or maybe just an inspirational "fly high and succeed" theme. I haven't even scanned the photos yet, but I've got enough to keep me busy scrapping for a while!

Love the latest clusters - can't wait to use them! I'm needing (or will eventually need) a kit with an airplane/aerospace/skydiving theme. My father-in-law worked at a plant that built fighter jets and transport jets. He also flew a Cessna and was a skydiver. Not sure what I'm looking for - maybe parachutes, plane embellishments (but not commercial airliners - although biplanes would probably be funny), word art about flying, soaring, jumping... I don't know. Not sure how versatile a kit like this would be unless it had an industrial or extreme sports theme. Or maybe just an inspirational "fly high and succeed" theme. I haven't even scanned the photos yet, but I've got enough to keep me busy scrapping for a while!

Oh, that would be fun. I need something like that in an older theme. We have a couple that are little kid type. Perhaps a series of minis? One for planes, one for trains, one for old cars, ...

Archived