Never Ending Story (Come Add To The Fun!)

MariJ

Welcome to the Mischief Week edition of the Never-Ending-Story where YOU write the plot and add to the fun! :)

Many, MANY thanks to Valerie and her daughter Lauren for writing the wonderful start to our Whisper the Cat version of Mischief Week's 2014 Never Ending Story.

Thanks, Valerie and Lauren! ! :thankyou:

Rules:
1. Read the entire story before you start posting. Don't just read the last post and start adding on to it or you will throw the story completely out of whack and I will have to send Valerie to whack you a little bit. (KIDDING) :joke:

2. You have to wait for someone else to post after you before you can post again. If you post two in a row, they will be counted as one post so you will be wasting your time anyway.

3. Keep adding to the story. The more additions you add to the story, the more chances you will have to win the grand prize. You get one chance in the drawing per legal post (remember - no double-posting).

4. The story and post counting begins now and continues until Midnight EST Saturday, April 26th. The winner will be announced by Noon EST Monday, April 28th.

What are you trying to win????

AWESOME PRIZE:

The winner will get a $20.00 Gift Certificate for the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Get your fingers and keyboards ready.

Warm up your imaginations.

Add to the next post and have fun! :)

Story Credits:

Valerie and Lauren - authors of beginning story

"Whisper the Cat" will be played by: TCS Creative Cat Brush Set 1

And, THANKS to Jode for coloring and texturizing our Whisper Cat! :thanks:

Here is the beginning of the story: (THANKS! again, Valerie and Lauren.)

post-19549-0-28363200-1398163995_thumb.png

Whisper sighed, she was warm and comfortable but she wasn’t going to get any work done by lying in the sun. Today’s job had to be done at night and her jet black fur made her almost invisible after dusk. She was sleek and nimble, much like a ninja and she wasn’t afraid of water, perfect for a task on a ship.

Whisper stretched and lightly clawed the blanket she was laid on. Dusk was approaching fast and her Master was expecting great things from her tonight.

Whisper headed for the basement, there was one thing she needed first.

She started searching for ..........

Whisper finished her snack and thought more about what she might need for this mission. Since it would be dark and on a ship she had to plan carefully as it might be dangerous. She began to look around when suddenly she spotted something she'd surely need....

Whisper picked up the MAGIC CAPE and hurried out the door. Her master might be looking for her and she still needed to hear her full job. It was almost dark and she had to get to the ship and didn't want to be late!!! She put some helpful things in her bag, pulled on the cape and....

OH! Whisper realized it was almost dark and she still did not have her assignment. Her master would not be pleased as she was the only one for this job. So Whisper quickly grabbed a backpack and placed Pirate in it whispering, "shhhh. Be very quiet and I will take you with me, you might be helpful.". And with that she put on the backpack and crept out into the night, picking up speed as she reached the outskirts of town. Since she was sleek and nimble and in the dark was invible because of her jet black fur she reached the ship quickly, but there was her Master waiting for her. Whisper wondered if he would still give her the assignment , then remembered that she was perfect for the job on a ship as she was not afraid of water.

Climbing up to meet him she said, "Master I am here and ready for whatever you need me for". She removed her cape so her magnificent fur almost blended into the black night. Pirate stayed very still and quiet but trembled a bit as her Master replied...

Friendly reminder! :)

PLEASE remember before posting to read the entire story first -- from the beginning, so that it makes sense.

As per the above rules, if you just read the last post and add, the story will not flow...

And, I really don't want to have to send Valerie after you! Whack! (Kidding).... :D

" well I am glad you have arrrived so I can tell you the task I have for you"

PLEASE remember before posting to read the entire story first -- from the beginning, so that it makes sense.

As per the above rules, if you just read the last post and add, the story will not flow...

And, I really don't want to have to send Valerie after you! Whack! (Kidding).... :D

I actually did read the whole story - but I think you may have been posting as I did. I'll remove it.

I actually did read the whole story - but I think you may have been posting as I did. I'll remove it.

Nah... You're ok Andrea - that was just a friendly reminder to all! No problem at all, just happened to post there, not-to-worry! :)

There were so many directions this morning it was hard to follow - even for me, so I added that in! :)

Keep the story coming!

... Master continued, "Whisper, because you are quick and nimble and can glide through the night without being seen I have a special task for you, but first let me give you the background information, it is a huge threat to our Cat community but many others have offered to help.

First come onto the ship and I will explain... Whisper climbed aboard and Master continued,

"We have danger in our midst and this is what happened..."

I received an anonymous note with all the details, it was confusing to me at first, but then it all clicked.... was it a bomb? No, it was my silly clock..... once I had read the threat to us, I knew at once the only one for the job is you...

with those paws of yours and retrieve what was firstly stolen from....

our ancient cat ancestors! This item belongs to Cats as it is the source of our feline powers... imagine if it fell into the hands of our mortal enemies, DOGS!!!! We can't have that Whisper, I am relying on you to keep all Catkind safe from Dogs....

Whisper also was very still and quiet, not wanting to give Pirate away. He might be a dog, but Whisper knew he was no threat. post-19549-0-34478200-1398295991_thumb.png

Master continued, "Tonight I ask great things of you and you must prove yourself. I have received word that there is danger in our midst. It could come from land or sea. I will need you to be on alert and...."

you must watch out for clues and track down our Ancient Secret. I trust that you will be as stealthy as usual, but DO NOT take any risks - this mission is by far the most important you will ever take on.

Pirate was trembling so hard Whisper was afraid Master would notice. She hoped the backpack was invisible in the dark, like her fur. Her keen hearing picked up the sound of mice running here and there. It was so tempting to go on the hunt for them but, no, she had to focus on what Master was saying about this important mission. She felt ever so important and quite proud of herself. Master was talking to the First Mate about setting sail in the morning.

And then it happened. Pirate sneezed. Whisper span around and tried to cover it up... The Master was looking at her strangely... She hoped no one would realise but she was wrong... the First Mate walked over to the corner and kicked her bag by mistake... Pirate tried not to yelp... The First Mate pulled the bag open... Pirate -

Archived