Mischief Week Signature Chat 4/22 Tuesday 9 Pm Et

SodScrap

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried everything. I am using PSE12. The instructions are way too confusing for me. Conda's instructions are for Photoshop, so that won't work for me. I tried the two links Conda gave: the one for YouTube I could hardly hear even after adjusting the volume. Then the gal who did the video went so fast that I couldn't make out what she was doing. The other instructions say to use 'Save for Web' click animate and then click the 'loop' checkbox. Click or type the delay amount you want between one frame and the next. Options are grayed out, so not able to do that. It's set at 0.2 permanently. So I've decided to give up for now. As Scarlett would say, I'll think about it tomorrow.

I've tried everything. I am using PSE12. The instructions are way too confusing for me. Conda's instructions are for Photoshop, so that won't work for me. I tried the two links Conda gave: the one for YouTube I could hardly hear even after adjusting the volume. Then the gal who did the video went so fast that I couldn't make out what she was doing. The other instructions say to use 'Save for Web' click animate and then click the 'loop' checkbox. Click or type the delay amount you want between one frame and the next. Options are grayed out, so not able to do that. It's set at 0.2 permanently. So I've decided to give up for now. As Scarlett would say, I'll think about it tomorrow.

Sorry you are having trouble with this Carol! I'm leaving for the day (medical appointments...oh joy....). We will be happy to help you figure this out! I know there are some quirky things depending on exact versions of PSE and computer type...etc.

Hi Carol,

After you click 'Save for Web' and the dialog box opens, be sure you have selected GIF as the file format. If it isn't selected, that could be the reason the other things are grayed out. Once GIF is selected in the file format drop down, the Animate, Looping, and Frame Delay options should be available.

This screenshot is from PSE 11, but PSE 12 should be similar. Let us know if this helps...

Click image to enlarge

SS 1.jpg

Tried to do this again and I can't get it to save changes and upload. Something is missing.

I'm "googling" now Carol. I have been gone the last two days. It's been CRAZY here...I'll see if I can find something to help!!

Hi Carol,

After you click 'Save for Web' and the dialog box opens, be sure you have selected GIF as the file format. If it isn't selected, that could be the reason the other things are grayed out. Once GIF is selected in the file format drop down, the Animate, Looping, and Frame Delay options should be available.

This screenshot is from PSE 11, but PSE 12 should be similar. Let us know if this helps...

Click image to enlarge

attachicon.gifSS 1.jpg

Tried to do this again and I can't get it to save changes and upload. Something is missing.

Hi Carol,

Did the above information help? Were you able to check the animate, loop boxes and set the frame delay?

For saving and uploading here's what I did:

After setting the frame delay, I previewed it to be sure I was happy with it, then I clicked the Save button and saved it to my computer.

Then I went to the gallery and uploaded it like any other siggy.

Then I went to my profile/edit signature and in the edit box, backspaced over my old siggy to delete it and copied/pasted the new one from my computer with Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. Then I clicked the Save Changes button. HTH

Archived