Journalling Chat And Challenge - 5Pm Et

Journalling adds a personal touch to your scrapbook pages. Do you have trouble figuring out what to write or how to write it? In this chat, we'll share some of our favourite creative journalling ideas and set you a little challenge.

Your challenge;

Create a layout using one of these two journalling styles.

1. Journal from the subject of your photos point of view.

Here is an example of this style;

iNSD Journalling Chat

This is a fun way to add journalling to your layout, and can add the personality of the subject of your photos to your layout.

2. Use the Who/what, when, where, why prompts on your layout and answer them.

If I had used this style on my layout for today my Journalling would have read like this;

Who: Lauren and Kiahna

When: 14th April 2014

Where: the back garden

Why: It was sunny and I wanted some new photos

This is a simple and quick way to journal on your layout.

Remember: Those who post their completed layouts in the Scrap Girls interNational Scrapbook Day Gallery for all seven of our National Scrapbook Day chats will be entered into a drawing for a $20 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate! The challenges for each chat will be posted in the interNational Scrapbook Day Forum. To enter the drawing, send an email with your seven layout links to games@scrapgirls.com. Emails must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET), Sunday, May 4, 2014, to qualify for the drawing.

I never know what to say on my layouts. I usually just go with word art.

I sometimes struggle with this! The thing to remember is that some day, people will be looking at your layout and they may not recognize the people. Twenty years from now, you may not remember the date...

I never know what to say on my layouts. I usually just go with word art.

I sometimes struggle with this! The thing to remember is that some day, people will be looking at your layout and they may not recognize the people. Twenty years from now, you may not remember the date...

Sometimes the photos don't tell the whole story. If everyone is laughing, what was so funny?

Archived