Pse 12 Who Has It

shellie44

Hi Shelley, sorry I don't have PSE 12, but I went from PSE 9 to PSE 11 and it's awesome! I know many of the features in 11 are also in 12. One of the best features is that you don't have to delete the mediadatabase.db3 and thumbdatabase.db3 files and rebuild the database for layer styles and actions in version 11 as in previous versions. In PSE 11 and 12 you just have to load them. Soooooo much easier and faster than version 9.

I'm sure someone who has version 12 will be along soon with more information for you. HTH

I actually have PSE 12, but have never installed it! I'm using 11 right now. I know there are some new nifty features, but I haven't had time to do the uploading and reinstalling all my brushes and styles and actions. Theresa is right about the installation process...easy peasy. That alone makes the upgrade worthwhile. Try a free version to get a feel for it.

I have it!! And yes Theresa has already said the VERY best feature, you can load actions and styles etc individually instead of having to rebuild the whole database - which means you don't have to rebuild your favourites every time :-) for me who has over 100 things in my favourites this is brilliant.

Also actions run automatically unlike my old pse7. I can use things like ultimate artist and watercolour mask action now that I just couldn't before.

It also has content aware move tool, this lets you move things that are far apart in your picture closer together- I have tried it and it works!!! Another thing is the straighten tool- it will straighten your photo AND fill in the edges so you don't have to crop and lose things.

I find some of the tools just work 'better' too. Like the magnetic lasso etc, they have been refined and work so well.

There are lots of other features in guided and basic edits too that I haven't even looked at - as well as integration with an online album, Revel. I don't need this feature so I haven't worried but it is apparently a big thing they keep pushing.

Negatives? You will find a few things missing like colour adjustment but there are different ways to do that so it is ok. Nothing has actually been 'LOST'.

I was scared to upgrade as I was worried if I would end up with duplicate everything like I did when I moved to a new computer but the transition was seamless. After backing everything up I converted my catalog to pse12 (this is a one way process so if you are not sure about it make a copy) and everything just magically appeared in 12! It was amazing!! Fonts and brushes came right over but I think I had to bring the actions and styles in as they are in a diff place (ie brushes are in a central location accessible by both 9 and 12 for you) - styles etc are stored in a specific pse12 folder. But that is easy to do.

I was dubious to start but can you tell I LOVE my pse12 now??

If you can get it for a bargain go for it! :-)

Jody

Oh and ps: Only other thing that may affect you is that pse12 is 64bit on macs now but not on pc yet... I researched this and for most of us that won't matter, it hasn't affected anything I can see and I have nearly 40000 items in my organizer file.

I have 12 but sure can't add anything to what Jody and Theresa have said - they are much more advanced than I. I just chimed in because I've listed that as the program I use and didn't want anybody to think I was "holding out" LOL Jody - I got 12 specifically for that content aware move and have yet to figure it out or moved anything!

I have PSE12 and the best thing for me is being able to get rid of 'cat eye' in my photos. It's so easy compared to previous versions. One, two, three and it's done.

Archived