Problem With Saving Layouts To Share In Gallery Using Cs6

A-M

During the last few months something has changed in my CS6. I can no longer use the File Info so my credits show up under the EXIF in the gallery. When I save like I used to, I get a file that is around 450 - 500 KBs which is far too large for the gallery.

As far as I know I have not changed any settings to affect this.

Hopefully someone who knows the software well might give me an idea of what might have changed in the settings to cause this.

Thank you to whoever can help.

Oh, this stinks Anne-Marie. It's always frustrating when things just randomly change...I don't have any answers for you. I know someone will come along with some tips! Hang in there!

I use CS6 and use the File Info. I've found it shows up in the gallery when I name the layout in the File Info, but I don't know if that is what the trouble is for you.

My trouble is the file is too large.... 450 - 500KBs. It used to be around 240kb when I did this prior to the last few months.

I use CS6 and use the File Info. I've found it shows up in the gallery when I name the layout in the File Info, but I don't know if that is what the trouble is for you.

My trouble is the file is too large.... 450 - 500KBs. It used to be around 240kb when I did this prior to the last few months.

Are you saving your file as a jpeg, Anne-Marie, before you upload it?

Sara, I save as a JPEG and then open it up again to resize to the 600 x 600 and 72DPI... go to "save as" and find the folder where I put my layouts for the web... it then returns to photoshop with the box saying what size the file is, and it is over 400 KB whereas before it used to be around 240KB.... I do not know why it has all of a sudden changed.

Sara, I save as a JPEG and then open it up again to resize to the 600 x 600 and 72DPI... go to "save as" and find the folder where I put my layouts for the web... it then returns to photoshop with the box saying what size the file is, and it is over 400 KB whereas before it used to be around 240KB.... I do not know why it has all of a sudden changed.

Hmmmm.......I don't know why it would change itself to 400KB, A-M......I'd like to know the answer to this issue too so hoping someone with much more knowledge than I have comes a long with an answer! Frustrating though, isn't it?

Try moving the quality slider down a bit until you get the file size you need.

April, I tried that and to get it just below 300 I need to slide to... 0

Thanks for trying to help. I think I will just continue to use the Save for Web and list my credits. I am okay with doing it that way but thought I would ask in case someone knew how I can put it back to how it was before.

Archived