• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

and  more importantly my LT is back home....working GREAT....Brad installed a 1T Hard drive and their is no longer a C-drive and a D-drive....all one.   It is kind of like having a clean closet and not wanting to put anything in it....LOL.....For those of you with EHD....just what or how much do you keep on your computer??  Not sure what if anything I am going to want to put back on the LT....I have two 2T EHD with the exact thing on each of them so if one dies I have the other....Feedback anyone???

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,475 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Good to see you again, Carol.  We missed you here!   Glad all worked out well for you.  I'm not much help, I'm afraid I like to keep everything on my laptop!  :)

gallery_19549_358_19841.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

I would like to keep all of my supplies on my pc, but can't. On my old windows machine I need to keep my hard drive mostly empty for it to run. I only keep my favorites, new collections, and a variety of things I use all of the time. I keep everything else on three duplicate EHD's.

On the Macpro I bought, it has a small fast drive and a plug in hard drive. This is what the sales person thought I needed. NOT!

A  2 TB  hard drive would not hold all of my SG stuff plus programs so in your case, I'd still need to keep part of my stuff elsewhere.

So...I'm not much help, but congrats on your new drive and I'm sure it will run well. You could keep your newest or favorites on the new drive, and still leave a lot of free space on it for the programs to work.

Good luck! :)

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#4 jode2771

jode2771

• Creative Team
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi Carol, good questions!! In my case I used to have all my supplies on my EHD on the old desktop but I found it slow and I worried about burning out the EHD...
So on my laptop I have all my supplies and photos on one part of my hard drive and programs on the other. I think it is called partitioning? Not sure of the technical speak but it keeps them separate.
I have 1000s upon 1000s of photos and many more times that in supplies on a 2T partitioned hard drive so I guess we have similar sized memories... I keep everything in organizer too so I really work my pse hard and it does well...
I would suggest starting how Jean says and bring in your most favourite supplies and gradually build up from there... Then you can see how it is going. I keep my ehds for back up now :-)
Enjoy your new toy!!!!

gallery_19304_358_14212.png
Button_Layout.pngScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF.gif?t=13524539SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462Button_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,186 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

I don't keep anything on my laptop. I will use it with an EHD if I'm traveling, but I have loads of space on my desktop and I share the scrapbook drive so I can access the files with my laptop when I'm at home.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#6 GrannieEv

GrannieEv

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Welcome back and the new set up sounds great.

tn_gallery_24036_5152_47829.png

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif  WT-Button-copy.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif Love-ATCs.gif SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#7 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,695 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

Yeah! New computer!! Good luck with it. Can't help with dividing the supplies - mine are all on my computer.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users