Duplicate Brushes In Photoshop Cs3

bitzee

I have ended up with many duplicate brushes in Photoshop even though I only loaded them once. I know that I can delete them, but I would like to know how they inadvertently get duplicated in the first place. Any help greatly appreciated.

Do you mean duplicates in the PS brushes palette, your PS folders, or duplicates on your computer in general?

Here are some things to check: Do you have an organizing program like ACDsee or similar? You can end up with duplicated items if you don't tag and/or import things appropriately.

Also if you download brushes to a certain place (like in a 'downloads' folder) and then manually add them to your PS folders, you will have dups in these two places. (I save my sets in a folder outside of PS. Then I drag and drop the ones I need right into my workspace, but some people like to have everything loaded manually into the PS program folders -- neither is right or wrong. :) )

Or if you open PS and have multiples of the same set actually loaded in your brushes palette, you either inadvertently loaded them twice, or they may have somehow been saved as a set with some other brushes and they load twice when you pull these sets into your workspace.

If this doesn't answer your question, someone more helpful may be along shortly! :)

Jennifer, thanks for your response. The duplicates I am referring to are the thumbnails that pop up when you select the brush tool to the left of the screen. Some people refer to it as the flyout menu and others call it the brushes palette. I do not have an organizing program. I download the brushes to my EHD when I purchase them in the Boutique. Then I manually load them into Photoshop. Everything that I download from the Boutique also automatically goes into the Downloads Folder on my C drive. I must be doing something that is causing them to be loaded more than once.

Kathy

Archived