New Windows 8.1 Dell In House For Dh

jenrou

Well, finally got DH's new Dell with Win 8.1. None or very little instructions but slowly over 2 days I've got it set up. DH won't touch it! He doesn't like to use a mouse. He turns it around backwards and it doesn't make sense to him. :)

One thing that helped, in case anyone needs to know, is a free downloadable program Classic Start from CNET. When you load it, it changed the screens to look like Win 7 or another version so you can find things. It doesn't delete anything so I still need to turn off or delete things we don't want on the PC.

I love seeing the Start button again!

They told me when I got my new Dell that 8 could look like 7 but I got 7 on mine because I heard 8 had problems so please keep us posted....I hope I didn't make a mistake getting 7.

Debby, if I'm not mistaken, new pc's now with Ver 7 can get a free upgrade to 8 or 8.1. You'd want 8.1. Not sure where I read it, but probably while searching for info about 8.1. I like vers. 7, but when I tried to upgrade to 8.1 after I read that, I couldn't. My hardware couldn't handle 8.1 on my old pc. When you try to upgrade, it will check your pc.

A lot of people are still buying 7. Hudson still won't even try the new pc! It took me forever to talk him into using my old pc and he still won't use a mouse or answer emails. He gets band notices in email, but calls them if necessary. HAHA

Archived