How Do You Dispose Of A Computer

We replaced our 11 year old Desk top with a laptop for my husband....What do we do with the Desktop??? how do we dispose of it??

Do you have to get rid of all the info on it??? Brad left all the files on it incase Jim did not like the laptop...perhaps we could have him do whatever with it.

Yes you need to remove the hard drive. There are plenty of places that will recycle for you. The place I take my electronics to will take them free except for the monitor. They charge $10 for that.

Karen

Blue Star Recyclers here in Colorado Springs periodically has recycle days where residential customers can bring up to a carload of electronics for a modest fee ($5 or $10) plus a gift of non-perishable food for the local food pantries. Even better, many of their employees are disabled or handicapped. I would check your local online or yellow pages listings for recyclers.

If the disk drive has failed, we can include it--they shred data devices.

We are so proud of this company.

Blue Star Recyclers here in Colorado Springs periodically has recycle days where residential customers can bring up to a carload of electronics for a modest fee ($5 or $10) plus a gift of non-perishable food for the local food pantries. Even better, many of their employees are disabled or handicapped. I would check your local online or yellow pages listings for recyclers.

If the disk drive has failed, we can include it--they shred data devices.

We are so proud of this company.

This is really inspiring and so lovely Barbara. Nice ot hear about a wonderful company like this. :)

Archived