Midwest Meetup Fall 2014

I'm excited for the meetup!!!

For the photo walk on Saturday, I thought it might be fun to visit a neighborhood called Central West End. It's about 10-15 minutes from the hotel. It's a mix of historic homes (Tennessee Williams, Kate Chopin, T.S. Eliot, and William Burroughs, were all residents of this neighborhood.) and modern buildings. There are a lot of cute restaurants, boutiques, sidewalk cafes... and a cupcake shop, for an afternoon treat!

It's also located across from Forest Park, so if a group wanted to take more nature photos or visit the Zoo (or any of the sightseeing locations in the park)... they could do that as well.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I better dust off my laptop (haven't used it since the last meetup) and start going through the long process of updating everything and installing the past year's worth of styles/actions purchases. *sigh* That laptop runs slower than molasses.

Guess I better dust off my laptop (haven't used it since the last meetup) and start going through the long process of updating everything and installing the past year's worth of styles/actions purchases. *sigh* That laptop runs slower than molasses.

Get it started and let it run!

It's not running as slow as my PS...I guarantee it!!! GRRRRR

For the photo walk on Saturday, I thought it might be fun to visit a neighborhood called Central West End. It's about 10-15 minutes from the hotel. It's a mix of historic homes (Tennessee Williams, Kate Chopin, T.S. Eliot, and William Burroughs, were all residents of this neighborhood.) and modern buildings. There are a lot of cute restaurants, boutiques, sidewalk cafes... and a cupcake shop, for an afternoon treat!

It's also located across from Forest Park, so if a group wanted to take more nature photos or visit the Zoo (or any of the sightseeing locations in the park)... they could do that as well.

That sounds fun! I'd love to see the Zoo too, since I'm a Zoo fanatic.

It's not allowed to act up! You've already had to replace one laptop at a meetup!

My laptop is always slow. That's why I'm lucky to get one page done on these meetups.

I'm always willing to make a trip to the Zoo!

I'm kind of doing the headless chicken routine with my new team, so if anyone has brainpower and wants to coordinate the photowalk, speak up - I guaranty you'll get the job!

*sitting on my hands as not to appear to be volunteering*

We don't even have to officially decide right now...(Tiza, unless there is some major scheduling issue)...just a list of possibilities and a vote. We try to be flexible to allow for weather etc (surely my allergies won't go crazy like last time we went to STL, I was SICK when I got home)

I'm kind of doing the headless chicken routine with my new team, so if anyone has brainpower and wants to coordinate the photowalk, speak up - I guaranty you'll get the job!

I'll take charge of the photowalk. I made one suggestion a few posts ago, but will also put together some alternate ideas.

I'll take charge of the photowalk. I made one suggestion a few posts ago, but will also put together some alternate ideas.

Cool! Thanks for your help. There might be some suggestions in the event on Facebook as well. As one of our native guides, I trust your judgement on recommendations!

Hi Carla, our reservation number is Room 1 - Confirmation Number: 83702445 GUEST: ROHRBOUGH, CYNTHIA.

If you give me your email I'll forward the reservation confirmation to you:)

I didn't know your full name was Cynthia! Pretty :)

Thanks, Theresa! Yep, Cynthia is on my birth certificate but I have always gone by Cindy:)

I'm always willing to make a trip to the Zoo!

That all sounds GREAT! And I would love to see the zoo too!

I am thrilled to receive an invite to join you ladies to explore the city of St. Louis! I can't wait to meet all of you girls!! I'll dust of the ol' laptop and get ready for the special occasion. I loved seeing all your photos from last year's meet-up. How many girls plan on attending?

Laura, that will be awesome to have you with us! I can't wait to meet you!

I can hardly stand the wait, Cheri! Will be great fun, I'm sure!!

Fun? I'm not sure that adequately describes it. LOL We DO have a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

Do you have a room booked? (Or are you close and don't need a room? Sorry, I'm a little clueless...)

I am thrilled to receive an invite to join you ladies to explore the city of St. Louis! I can't wait to meet all of you girls!! I'll dust of the ol' laptop and get ready for the special occasion. I loved seeing all your photos from last year's meet-up. How many girls plan on attending?

Laura, I'm so excited you can make it! If you need a room, the block is available only through tomorrow. There is another local SG who decided to get a room, she might be looking for a roomie to share costs with. Here on the MB, Karen's handle is teachinglaffs if you want to send her a message.

I also have an event in Facebook if you're on FB and want to see the chatter there. More here, but there are some SG's who don't make it to the MB much. If you want to be invited to the event on Facebook, you can send me a friend request and I'll add you to the event. It's not mandatory - all the information there is also here.

How long does everyone stick around on Sunday? My flight choices that day are 9:00am or 1:30pm :plane:

If it was me, I'd go with the 1:30pm flight. Gives you time to relax in the morning, and have one more breakfast/coffee/gab session with the SGs before you head to the airport. I'm not a fan of getting up early to rush to the airport if I can avoid it.

BTW... It's about a 30-minute drive from the hotel to the airport.

Laura, I'm so excited you can make it! If you need a room, the block is available only through tomorrow. There is another local SG who decided to get a room, she might be looking for a roomie to share costs with. Here on the MB, Karen's handle is teachinglaffs if you want to send her a message.

I also have an event in Facebook if you're on FB and want to see the chatter there. More here, but there are some SG's who don't make it to the MB much. If you want to be invited to the event on Facebook, you can send me a friend request and I'll add you to the event. It's not mandatory - all the information there is also here.

Since I live in St. Louis, I won't need a hotel room, but thanks. Will share in the cost of the board room and whatever else I need to do.

Today is the last day to get the room rate, so it's also the last time you'll see this re-posted :-)

23Oct (early bird) and 24Oct - 26Oct (check-out)

Available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, Non-smoking 2 Queen Beds Deluxe: $119.99 per night per room. This is for 1 to 4 people in the room.

This rate is available for reservations made through Wednesday, 24Sept2014. After that, rooms are subject to regular rates and availability. This doesn't include the rate for the meeting room reserved on Friday and Saturday, that is split evenly between all attendees, so please plan for that.

To get this rate, use this link http://www.druryhote...groupno=2217790

Archived