Midwest Meetup Fall 2014

I happen to know there is a Meet The Designer Chat Saturday night featuring Angie, Cheri and Marlene that I am hosting....could get very crazy!

LOL...remember some of the Mischief Week chats that have fallen during the Midwest meetups?! :giggle_bear:

It's going to be an awesome anniversary and meetup!

I sure hope Angie doesn't wear her bikini in the lobby again.... :rofl::hahohi::rofl:

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happen to know there is a Meet The Designer Chat Saturday night featuring Angie, Cheri and Marlene that I am hosting....could get very crazy!

LOL...remember some of the Mischief Week chats that have fallen during the Midwest meetups?! :giggle_bear:

It's going to be an awesome anniversary and meetup!

I sure hope Angie doesn't wear her bikini in the lobby again.... :rofl::hahohi::rofl:

It's too cold for that now..lol

So excited. Anniversary and meet up at the same time. Sounds like fun to me. BTW I live so close that I could always run home for something someone forgets.

Karen

We can get a little crazy - okay, crazier than usual - when there is a special SG event happening at the same time as the meetups. I should check the chat schedule.... :gathering:

Word of advice... be cautious when you leave your laptop unattended :giggle_bear:

Isn't that what the lock screen is for? Keep out the unwanted "help" from your friends?

So excited. Anniversary and meet up at the same time. Sounds like fun to me. BTW I live so close that I could always run home for something someone forgets.

Karen

We can get a little crazy - okay, crazier than usual - when there is a special SG event happening at the same time as the meetups. I should check the chat schedule.... :gathering:

Word of advice... be cautious when you leave your laptop unattended :giggle_bear:

Isn't that what the lock screen is for? Keep out the unwanted "help" from your friends?

sssh....they don't need to know that. It's funner when they leave it unattended

Karen

LOL...that can be a dangerous thing

Oh, you all are hilarious and I am having such fun reading your thread!

And, OOoooohhhh.. I DO remember being on the other ends of those chats and all the laughing and funny things going on there..... It was fun being at a chat with all of you there together!

(& that unattended laptop... Seems people were "saying" things they really didn't MEAN to say, haha)

Thanks for letting me know what I need to bring. Hmm, sounds like some crazy things happen. Do I need to bring my bikini?

Just remember we all will have cameras so anything you dare to do can be caught on film, bwahahahaha!

Okay, I guess I better leave the bikini at home. I was thinking since it's Scrapgirls 10th anniversary and St Louis is celebrating 250 years, we could go on a cake walk. St. Louis has several 4 foot cakes around our area we are staying. It would be fun to seek them out. I'm not overly familiar with the area where we are meeting but I am pretty sure the local girls know where they are. I'm so excited to meet all of you.

Karen

sssh....they don't need to know that. It's funner when they leave it unattended

Oh, you evil girls. I would NEVER do anything to someone's unattended laptop. :newangel:

Now, where's that halo?

Okay, I guess I better leave the bikini at home. I was thinking since it's Scrapgirls 10th anniversary and St Louis is celebrating 250 years, we could go on a cake walk. St. Louis has several 4 foot cakes around our area we are staying. It would be fun to seek them out. I'm not overly familiar with the area where we are meeting but I am pretty sure the local girls know where they are. I'm so excited to meet all of you.

That sounds like fun! I've done that in the past with benches in Rochester. Maybe we will spot some!

Do we have a list of arrival times yet? I don't mind hanging out at the airport until later flights arrive so there aren't too many trips to the airport. Does the Party Van have a plan yet?

That sounds like fun! I've done that in the past with benches in Rochester. Maybe we will spot some!

Do we have a list of arrival times yet? I don't mind hanging out at the airport until later flights arrive so there aren't too many trips to the airport. Does the Party Van have a plan yet?

This makes me laugh SO HARD. The party van. :partytime2:

The cakes are really cool. Each one is unique. I only have pictures of 18 of the 250.... I'm a slacker. :/

Our hotel is close to Forest Park, and there are cakes at most of the attractions (Zoo, the museums, Art Hill, Boathouse, etc) in the park. We could easily take a drive around if people wanted to see them and take pictures of the cakes and the scenery in the park. The trees are changing colors, so it's gorgeous now. I was also thinking of an urban-type photo walk in the Central West End neighborhood, and they have some cakes too.

Or if people had other places around St. Louis that they'd like to see, I'm open to suggestions!

Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s. Absolutely beautiful!!

Here are the times (wayyyyyyyy back on page 12):

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/61496-midwest-meetup-fall-2014/page-12#entry1127901

Looks like everyone is spaced at least 2 hours apart.

I'll be meeting people at the hotel, since I have to put in a half day at the office :/

Karen

And, OOoooohhhh.. I DO remember being on the other ends of those chats and all the laughing and funny things going on there..... It was fun being at a chat with all of you there together!

(& that unattended laptop... Seems people were "saying" things they really didn't MEAN to say, haha)

Marilyn, I can only imagine what you all thought "on the other side".....we were laughing SO HARD. I think it started when I needed a bathroom break. *note to self: NO bathroom breaks during SG chats while at a meet up*

I just remembered last meetup when Debbie came. Some of us went to the airport to pick her up, so we used our phones to find her picture on SG and the SG logo, so we could hold them up when she walked through the gate to recognize us.

There are actually 227 cakes scattered around the city. I'm told a website called "cake way to the west" has them all mapped out, though I haven't actually checked that out. A friend told me this past weekend she has located and photographed over 90 of them. (I have photos of two...)

There are actually 227 cakes scattered around the city. I'm told a website called "cake way to the west" has them all mapped out, though I haven't actually checked that out. A friend told me this past weekend she has located and photographed over 90 of them. (I have photos of two...)

You are correct. The website is http://www.stl250.org/cake.aspx and all 250 cakes are now in place. :)

Just caught up on reading this thread. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Sadly, I have another comittment on Thursday night, so I can't be there to greet all of you. Planning to come Friday morning after rush hour - like 9:00 or 10:00. Will things be up and going by then, or should I come a bit later?

I'm probably the only person in the world without a laptop, so I'll be bringing my Mac. Good thing it's not all that heavy. I can also bring a power strip.

Karen

Just caught up on reading this thread. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Sadly, I have another comittment on Thursday night, so I can't be there to greet all of you. Planning to come Friday morning after rush hour - like 9:00 or 10:00. Will things be up and going by then, or should I come a bit later?

I'm probably the only person in the world without a laptop, so I'll be bringing my Mac. Good thing it's not all that heavy. I can also bring a power strip.

Karen

That'll be fine. In the mornings, people will migrate down to the breakfast room, and eventually we'll move into the meeting room.

I think we've had people bring their full computer before. I have a power strip packed too.

Karen

Marilyn, I can only imagine what you all thought "on the other side".....we were laughing SO HARD. I think it started when I needed a bathroom break. *note to self: NO bathroom breaks during SG chats while at a meet up*

Always good advice - use the restroom before chat begins! (or take laptop with you;) teehee

You are correct. The website is http://www.stl250.org/cake.aspx and all 250 cakes are now in place. :)

You're doing better than I am, Theresa! We snapped a pic of a cake downtown before we moved here in Aug. So, I have only that one pic. LOL Thanks for the website.

I just looked at the weather and like Theresa said it is supposed to be in the 70's couldn't be more perfect. Sunny as well. Won't be long now.

Karen

Nice! :happy-sun: I just bought a jacket so should probably return it.

Cheri and I are making meet up plans here in Des Moines to start our journey. I'm so excited!!

I've seen some posts about the airport pickups. Here are the arrival times and flights:

Carla Southwest 2953 Thu 12:55 pm

Tamara United UA5287 Thu 3:29 pm

Cindy American 156 Thu 5:30 pm

If our SG's with cars want to 'claim' a pick up, it might set some minds at ease - knowing who is coming to pick you up. Any volunteers for pickups? When I'm there, I'm happy to ride along and be a spotter. Most airports have cell phone lots, so if at least an exchange of driver and pickup-ee of cell numbers might be helpful. Also, if you want to make a sign for "ScrapGirls" to hold up (in case you haven't met face-to-face before) it helps in spotting our SGs.

Archived