Re-June-Venate Your Scrapbooking!

ValerieT

IT'S BACK! It's time to Re-June-Venate your focus on scrapbooking! This is a game and challenge that focuses on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little "Speedbumps" of life. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

A Welcoming Committee Member will post a task each Monday through Saturday from June 2-30. The tasks will be formatted in a LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating them in the game thread as it grows. Some tasks will require message board participation or gallery posting. Read each daily task carefully to see what is required of you.

Prizes:

• Those who complete all the required tasks and post required participation by 11:59 pm ET June 30th will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $10 Gift Certificates to the Scrap Girls Boutique!
  • Those who complete all the layouts will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $5 gift certificates.
  • Each person who completes a layout will be entered – once for each completed challenge page - into a drawing for one of three $3 gift certificates.

A few tips to making this month a successful one!

• Stay on top of the daily tasks. Don't get more than a day or two behind if you can help it!
  • Read the "task requirement" listed with each task so you know how to get credit for completing the task.
  • When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task.

Have fun!

Join us in June for some serious scrapbooking Re-JUNE-Venation!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no task today.

Marilyn will be here tomorrow with your first task!

I am joining in the fun, who's going to join me? :daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

I may not join in on everything as I have a fairly busy month happening. But I will try and pop in and join in when I can.

Good day, everyone. Ready to Re-June-Venate? :)

June 2 – Task #1

For our first week we are going to concentrate on new photos.

You can’t scrapbook without some photos, so take some time today to make sure all your photos are downloaded off your camera and memory cards.

Requirement:

Share in this thread how you organise your photos.

** Please don't forget to label your task, for example "Task 1" so we are sure to give you credit.

June 2 Task #1

My photos upload into iPhoto in "Events" which is a group of that particular upload. If it's an actual event, I leave it but if it is several, I divide them into new events or add into existing ones.

TASK # 1

I barely organise photos at all except by year, sometimes by country. Unhappily I've just lost quite a few of my photos through a failed hard drive and, yes poor backup. So I'll be scanning and searching out old ones stored on CD over the next few weeks / months / years!

June 2nd - Task #1

I am up to date with downloading photos into my computer. I have a file for each year, and in that file I have lots of categories. Each family member has their own file, and there are files for holidays, events, etc.

Task #1, currently downloading photos from my memory card. I sort them by year, then by month. If it's a special event or trip with lots of photos, I'll give it a special folder with the month then event within that year.

phew, that's not too tough!

I don't think my nerves can stand it! (I may do part of it, because it is fun.) Where's the couch because I know we will need it. :)

Sure hope you play along, Jean! :)

There are no tricks this month Jean, I think I may be safe to sit on the sofa not hide behind it.

Task #1

I've downloaded my photos. I organise by year, then date. I add an extra bit to the folder name if they are from a special event.

Task #1

Like Marilyn, I download photos to iPhoto, which automatically sorts them by date, splitting photos taken on different dates into separate events (folders). It assigns that date to the event file. I rename the event to make sense to me, since I don't remember most events by date. Within each event I can assign keywords to photos to make finding specific images easier, and I can also face recognition. iPhoto is backed up automatically to Time Machine, on an EHD. At the end of each year, I burn the events to DVD, and start a new iPhoto library for the new year.

Task 1.....l uploaded photos from memory card.....I store by year and Then by month......am in the process of deleting the blurry, duplicate ones.

TASK #1

Done - photos downloaded. I store my photos by year and do not separate them further into subdirectories. The key to keeping my pics organized within each year folder is a good naming convention which I use faithfully when importing from camera(s).

ü Task #1

Photos downloaded

I use iPhoto to organize by year and event and have some tagged with names and places. (I don’t keep up on that as well as I would like to.) When iPhoto gets so full it begins to slow down on start-up, I move older pics off to an EHD. I also have them on my Time Machine backup. I always copy them to a dedicated EHD and may break some of them down into events or groupings like Heritage, Mom’s 90th, etc. I have careful date and descriptions on the file folder, but may just have date and camera pic number for those in the file.

Task 1: i have downloaded my photos and use memory Manager to keep them organized by year at date. then i can just look up the month and year i want to scrap. i have them backup with an online service and a EHD. got to keep them safe.

Archived