Re-June-Venate Your Scrapbooking!

ValerieT

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 7:

I had 4 photo spaces and 1 journaling space. I put a paper in one of the photo spaces, and placed three photos. is that correct? I'm confused now. :)

That's fine, Jean. Just use 3 photos instead of 4. You can just delete one of the photo spaces if you want, or add something to it other than a photo.

June 11 – Task #8

Add one paper more than your template requires. For example if your template has two paper layers you need to add one more so you have three papers on your layout. Your extra paper can be any size, shape or amount but must be visible.

Requirement:

Share in this thread which papers you are using.

Task #8- I will probably use a blue, cream and a red paper from Oxford. Since I'm using a photobook template, the only papers are a background layer and a layer for journaling. I'm sure I can fit some red or another shade of blue in there.

Task #8 Oh, dear, what can the matter be?! My template, like Carla's, has only a background layer - one paper. Journaling is typed directly on that background. I intended this LO to be a facing page for Breathe. That background has three layered papers: Elisha's SSPaper-Barely There edges, which is visible, but subtle. Below that are one of Durin's Fade to Gray papers blended into Syndee's Summer Passport blue paper. The Fade to Gray pattern is visible, but not as a separate paper. Is this combination within the "rules" of task #8? If so, this task is done. Or do I need to revamp?

Task #8 Oh, dear, what can the matter be?! My template, like Carla's, has only a background layer - one paper. Journaling is typed directly on that background. I intended this LO to be a facing page for Breathe. That background has three layered papers: Elisha's SSPaper-Barely There edges, which is visible, but subtle. Below that are one of Durin's Fade to Gray papers blended into Syndee's Summer Passport blue paper. The Fade to Gray pattern is visible, but not as a separate paper. Is this combination within the "rules" of task #8? If so, this task is done. Or do I need to revamp?

Blending is the perfect way to add more papers! I would consider it done, Jo!

Task #8 Completed. The template had three paper layers. I added one more to make it four. The papers that I used are, from bottom to top:

EBA Afresh Paper Mini -- Fresh Paint-Yellow (first layer)

EBA Afresh Paper -- Pink (2nd layer)

EBA Afresh Paper -- Painted Floral (3rd layer)

EBA Afresh Watercolor Solids - Orange (4th layer)

Task #8

I also just had a background to my layout, so assuming that the background would count as one paper I added one more to total two. The papers I used were:

BMU_DiffStrokes_Paper_7 from Different Strokes Paper

SG_Refresh2_Paper_DEB_Multi from The SG Refresh 2 collection which I believe is retired.

The two papers are blended together.

Task #8 - Added another paper behind my background paper to make a narrow border....It seems I usually do that anyway.

Task 7: I combined two photo spaces from a template from ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: Week 52 series 5 Mini by Marlene Peacock, so now I have room for 4 regular photos and one blended photo instead of 5 regular photos and one blended photo.

Task 8: There are spaces for three papers. I will add an edging on the bottom ribbon so I can use four papers. All the papers will be from Softly Spoken Collection Biggie by Ginny Whitcomb.

GWH_SoftlySpoken_Paper_Blue

GWH_SoftlySpoken_Paper_Taupe

GWH_SoftlySpoken_Paper_Taupe-Multi-Lattice

GWH_SoftlySpoken_Paper_BlueCreme-Border

June 12 - Speedbump #2

Done. I changed my Avatar. It wasn't easy because I don't like photos of me.

That's a lovely photo of you Joyce...

Speedbump 2-new avatar OOps I changed the wrong thing. Oh well, I've done everything else wrong on this 2nd LO, so I'll go with it. Can't change my sunflower-I wouldn't know who I was. :)

LOL Jean! You could change your avatar now just temporarily until the game is over, then change it back.

BTW, I love your new siggie! ;)

Speedbump #2 completed. It took me all day to figure out how to change my avatar in PSE and then upload it. I heard some bad news this morning and I'm trying to keep my mind occupied on 'normal stuff' or else I'll just break down. My best friend's wife called me this morning. He and I have been friends for 60 years. He has lung cancer and it's spread to his brain, his back and just about everywhere. He's a smoker. He's having radiation and chemo done and has already lost his hair. Please say a prayer for him.

Speedbump #2 completed. It took me all day to figure out how to change my avatar in PSE and then upload it. I heard some bad news this morning and I'm trying to keep my mind occupied on 'normal stuff' or else I'll just break down. My best friend's wife called me this morning. He and I have been friends for 60 years. He has lung cancer and it's spread to his brain, his back and just about everywhere. He's a smoker. He's having radiation and chemo done and has already lost his hair. Please say a prayer for him.

Oh Carol, I'm so sorry to hear this news about your friend! I will certainly be keeping him in my prayers. Hugs!

Prayers for everyone Carol.........Love your avatar.

Archived