A Map?

Ande43

Wouldn't it be fun if ScrapGirls had a Map (or two or three or more LOL) with pins to indicate where all of us call home...would be so fun to be able to picture that as we do our thing day to day......Have no idea how that would come about but I am sure there are some way smarter than I :)

It feels like you all live on my block.....LOL.....would be so much fun to "See" where you all live

I was talking with a computer Tech from Dell......From India of course and he asked if I lived near Brooklyn....seems his sister is living there.

I told him no I am a long way from Brooklyn...."Don't you have a Map? You need one to see where all of us little old ladies who bug you live"

He laughed and said ...no no map.....a week or so later when he called to see if all was still well with my Lap Top he said " Oh Carol, I have Map now....that be good idea" LOL....Some of my new BFF's are at DELL Customer service in India LOL

What a great idea, Carol! We'd need a world map - large so we could read the names. I wonder who we can coerce into taking on the challenge.

Your Wind turbine LO gave me the idea Jo ......your map in the background and right there was ND and Minot in plain sight LOL

That's a great idea. I have the World Clock on my IPad and have put the main cities in so as to see the time and weather all over the world. I love knowing what time it is and what the weather is like when I see some of the layouts. Don't forget Cape Town South Africa. Yoo hoo, I'm right near the bottom here. Not quite as far down as Jane and Jody but still near the bottom.

That's a great idea. I have the World Clock on my IPad and have put the main cities in so as to see the time and weather all over the world. I love knowing what time it is and what the weather is like when I see some of the layouts. Don't forget Cape Town South Africa. Yoo hoo, I'm right near the bottom here. Not quite as far down as Jane and Jody but still near the bottom.

Hi, Belle! I'm waving just to the right of your arrow. .. It would be so cool to have a world map plus maybe a US one because there would be so many pins just here. I love your map, Brandy! .... Now to figure out a way to put thumbnail pix of ALL of us on it... :D

Hmmm...Brandy has that set of maps, USA and some other countries...and it looks as if she has clipped photos to the states. We would maybe have to chop the states or countries up into smaller pieces to clip very many people to one state. Someone will come up with an easier way soon. :)Or create names or photos like little wordart or circles for each person to stick on the map. Good idea.

after all, we're on our World Tour, aren't we!

Awww yes, maybe one day we can stop and visit each other....I could take you to the Oil Patch which is really quite something to see I am told.(have not been there myself yet..,,Or we have the Badlands in the SW corner of the state and their annual Musical is AMAZING.....Country at it's best )

Way back, we had a few people who'd placed themselves ( a la pushpins) on a map that you could zoom in on, and check out where Scrap Girls were. It was probably ahead of its time, not many participated. I haven't been able to remember the app's name; maybe this will jog someone else's memory. There are "Map My Friends" apps on Facebook, but I wasn't able to try this. Maybe SG can map those who like their page?

• 2 weeks later...

Our classical radio station has a "revolver map" on the website with pins of where on-line listeners are. It's fun to see as the globe rotates.

That would be Fun!!

• 1 month later...

Love the idea...I used to work at an online store answering phones and I used to write down the different states of who I talked to. Then I would get out the map to show grandchildren the states I talked to that week. It was fun

Archived