Trouble With Actions

lorac

I am using SNU Artistic Photo Masks 6301 Watercolor. For some reason the action only goes so far and I'm left with a blank work space with marching ants. A pop up asking for a pattern appears, but the pattern for that action does not appear. Does anyone know how to install the pattern that came with the action?

Thanks for your help.

I followed the directions for loading the pattern. That part worked okay. However, when I placed my paper and photo on my workspace and ran the action, I still end up with a blank page with marching ants. Photo is gone. There must be something missing that I'm not doing. I use PSE12.

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure, but there are a couple of things in the instructions that you may want to check:

Before you run the action -

1. Are you starting with a photo/image that is named 'Background' in you layers panel?

2. Are you sure your foreground color is set to black and your background color is set to white?

There's also a video tutorial that Syndee included with her instructions. Maybe that will help?

If all else fails, Syndee included her email address in the instructions or you could send her a PM. Hope you can get it to work...

I just thought of something else - before you ran the action did you check to be sure the pattern file is the current active pattern in the Preset Manager?

See steps 1-4 here: Post #11

In step 2 you want to select 'SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMasks6301-PATTERNS' from the menu. HTH!

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure, but there are a couple of things in the instructions that you may want to check:

Before you run the action -

1. Are you starting with a photo/image that is named 'Background' in you layers panel?

2. Are you sure your foreground color is set to black and your background color is set to white?

There's also a video tutorial that Syndee included with her instructions. Maybe that will help?

If all else fails, Syndee included her email address in the instructions or you could send her a PM. Hope you can get it to work...

I just thought of something else - before you ran the action did you check to be sure the pattern file is the current active pattern in the Preset Manager?

See steps 1-4 here: Post #11

In step 2 you want to select 'SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMasks6301-PATTERNS' from the menu. HTH!

Thanks Theresa. Part of the problem was I didn't have the pattern file loaded and I didn't watch the video before I ran the action. Contacted Syndee and she helped me. It seemed that my photo didn't have enough contrast, so Syndee fixed my photo and ran the action for me. Now it looks like its supposed to.

Archived