6 replies to this topic

#1 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

I am using SNU Artistic Photo Masks 6301 Watercolor.  For some reason the action only goes so far and I'm left with a blank work space with marching ants.  A pop up asking for a pattern appears, but the pattern for that action does not appear.  Does anyone know how to install the pattern that came with the action?

Thanks for your help.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for September 2014, 7290 -- 7196 as of 9-06-14

#2 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,820 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

I don't use PSE anymore, but the ebook handbook has instructions on page 114. Does that cover your version of PSE?

#3 lorac

lorac

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

I followed the directions for loading the pattern.  That part worked okay.  However, when I placed my paper and photo on my workspace and ran the action, I still end up with a blank page with marching ants.  Photo is gone.  There must be something missing that I'm not doing.  I use PSE12.

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#4 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,716 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure, but there are a couple of things in the instructions that you may want to check:

Before you run the action -

1. Are you starting with a photo/image that is named 'Background' in you layers panel?

2. Are you sure your foreground color is set to black and your background color is set to white?

There's also a video tutorial that Syndee included with her instructions. Maybe that will help?

If all else fails, Syndee included her email address in the instructions or you could send her a PM. Hope you can get it to work...

I just thought of something else - before you ran the action did you check to be sure the pattern file is the current active pattern in the Preset Manager?

See steps 1-4 here: Post #11

In step 2 you want to select 'SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMasks6301-PATTERNS' from the menu.  HTH!

Edited by teecee, 28 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#5 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

This is a long shot but one more thing to try:  If you are using the action on a photo, try duplicating the photo first and run the action on the duplicate layer.  Some actions don't work real well on jpegs.

gallery_20673_66_37871.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifLove-ATCs.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#6 lorac

lorac

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure, but there are a couple of things in the instructions that you may want to check:

Before you run the action -

1. Are you starting with a photo/image that is named 'Background' in you layers panel?

2. Are you sure your foreground color is set to black and your background color is set to white?

There's also a video tutorial that Syndee included with her instructions. Maybe that will help?

If all else fails, Syndee included her email address in the instructions or you could send her a PM. Hope you can get it to work...

I just thought of something else - before you ran the action did you check to be sure the pattern file is the current active pattern in the Preset Manager?

See steps 1-4 here: Post #11

In step 2 you want to select 'SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMasks6301-PATTERNS' from the menu.  HTH!

Thanks Theresa.  Part of the problem was I didn't have the pattern file loaded and I didn't watch the video before I ran the action.  Contacted Syndee and she helped me.  It seemed that my photo didn't have enough contrast, so Syndee fixed my photo and ran the action for me.  Now it looks like its supposed to.

#7 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,716 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Glad you got it to work! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users