How To Get The Outlined Look In The New Embroidered Alpha Templates

can anyone help me to understand how to get the Embroidered Alpha templates to have a colored outline similar to the samples? coloring the alphas is easy but the only way I can figure out how to get the edges outlined in a different color is to painstakingly select the outline stictches of each letter. I'm disspaointed that this didn't come in layers.

I tried to post a sample jpeg and I kept getting an error message. But what I meant to show is that when I added an outline stroke, it was outsdie the bounds of the actual letter, had no floss texture, and didn't look realistic- even when I did it on a 2nd layer and reduced the opacity.

Hi!,

Sorry I am just seeing this post! It was done using the Inner Glow Option. I don't know if that is available in PSE, I don't think I remember it, but if it is, I'll attach a screen shot with the settings.

I tried out the Stroke Option and she is right, even with the stroke set to inside and the blending mode changed to color, it isn't as realistic as the Inner Glow option. I hope this sheds some light for you!

Good luck with it. :wub:

post-9429-0-37087100-1406820699_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brandy!

PSE has Inner Glow styles. I just tried them and the Simple Inner Glow seemed to work, but I was not able to control the color of the glow. I went into the style settings and tried to change the color there, but that didn't work either. I'll keep playing with it. Hopefully it will work for moving memories...

Thanks for your help! :)

Thanks Brandy!

PSE has Inner Glow styles. I just tried them and the Simple Inner Glow seemed to work, but I was not able to control the color of the glow. I went into the style settings and tried to change the color there, but that didn't work either. I'll keep playing with it. Hopefully it will work for moving memories...

Can you simplify the Inner Glow style, then adjust the color, maybe?

Thanks Brandy!

Can you simplify the Inner Glow style, then adjust the color, maybe?

I don't see any way to simplify the style. I've played and played, but I'm not getting real good results. I'll keep trying... ;)

I haven't even filed this alpha yet, but I plan to use it, so I played a bit. I'm using PSE 10, on a Mac.

I tried applying an inner glow from the Layer>Layer Style>Settings menu, but could not get it to work. So I went to the Effects file, and chose the Simple style with the inner glow icon (only "simple" shows in the style name.) I used duplicate layers, with a coral color applied to the top layer, and a pale yellow and the inner glow to the lower layer. It seems to work. I have to look up how to add a thumbnail to this post.

I haven't even filed this alpha yet, but I plan to use it, so I played a bit. I'm using PSE 10, on a Mac.

I tried applying an inner glow from the Layer>Layer Style>Settings menu, but could not get it to work. So I went to the Effects file, and chose the Simple style with the inner glow icon (only "simple" shows in the style name.) I used duplicate layers, with a coral color applied to the top layer, and a pale yellow and the inner glow to the lower layer. It seems to work. I have to look up how to add a thumbnail to this post.

Thanks for info, Jo.

BTW, here's a link to a tutorial: How To Post Images In The Forum

Here is the sample modification - two layers, lower with inner glow.

attachicon.gifEmbroidered letter with inner glow.jpg

Thanks Jo! I'm able to get that effect easily enough. What I was having trouble with was getting a different color outline as in Brandy's example above - red letter with blue outline.

I think I may have figured it out, but I need to play with it some more when I have more time... :)

I had some success with this in Photoshop with the following setting:

Inner Glow

Structure section:

Blend mode: color

Opacity: 100%

Noise: 0%

Changed color in the square box to the color I wanted

Elements

Technique: soft

Source: edge ( if you switch it to center it reverses the colors)

Choke: 100%

Size: 7

Quality: I left it at it's defaults

Here's what I got which in a small size is acceptable.

post-15356-0-30361100-1406936518_thumb.jpg

Inner Glow

Structure section:

Elements

Thanks for the info Katie! I'm using PSE 11, but I'm sure this will be helpful to those using PS. :)

post-24256-0-80815900-1406975732_thumb.jpg

Inner Glow

Structure section:

Elements

Thanks for the info Katie! I'm using PSE 11, but I'm sure this will be helpful to those using PS. :)

I use PS and it works fine, I have added drop shadow to mine...I also tried with a paper and using overlay adding inner glow in exactly the same way and it works equally well.

Archived