Thursday Blog-Inspired Challenge 7/31

SodScrap

Wow! Can you believe we are finishing up the month of July today?? (If you are keeping track that is 146 days until Christmas!) Speaking of finishing up...how do you "finish" a layout? Today's inspiration comes from this blog post by Monica: Adding a Finishing Touch to your Layout She gives us some great ideas on finishing touches for our layouts. What is your favorite "finishing touch?"

Your challenge today is to create a layout and add a finishing touch. (be sure and tell us what you did!) There are many ways to achieve this, brushes, templates, frames...the possibilities are endless!! I can't wait to see what you creative souls come up with! I always learn something from you all!

Here are some of my favorite "edger" templates:

Syndee's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: On Edge Burlap

Brandy's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Edgers Biggie

Amanda's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Essential Grungy Edges

When you finish your layout, post it to the SG Blog Challenge Layouts Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Here is my layout: On the Road Again

I tried a few different finishing touches, but really liked the way this one turned out. There was already an "edge" from the torn paper template, and the faded vignette emphasized it. I used Amanda's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Faded Vignettes and soft light blending mode at 75% opacity.

I had already been putting together this layout about the O-Line, but after reading this challenge, I took a look at my layout and then at my brush options. The Path Strokers Dynamic Brush, which I bought last year, had a perfect brush option that looks much like the apes' hands linking and forming swoops, much like the ropes they traverse on this "orangutan expressway." Thanks for the challenge to add a finishing touch to my layout!

Archived