2014-08-02 Saturday Color Challenge

Nica

Hi folks! So sorry about the delay for this weeks color challenge. DS#3 was in the hospital with a nasty virus that mimicked appendicitis, lots of pain and really high fever. He's only 7. Needless to say, DH wasn't going to be able to figure out how to post the challenge. :) We're home now since there isn't anything they can do for him at the hospital, so here's your challenge! :D

Jo Corne released a yummy new collection all about pizza, and I happen to have a bunch of photos of my nephew making his own pizza, so I thought we could use that collection as our inspiration.

JCO_PappasPizza_CollectionMini_MKTG_150.Pappas Pizza Collection Mini

Here is the color swatch to work from:

post-18472-0-54391600-1407100786_thumb.jpg

When you're finished, post your layout in the Saturday Color Challenge Gallery. Have fun!

Andrea ... there's nothing that can be done for viruses ... no meds. Some dr. prescribe antibiotics but that's just to hush up parents/patients and that's one of the reasons why the "bugs" have become resistant to a lot of antibiotics. There's only 1 antibiotic that is effective for a certain kind of pneumonia. It's a real serious problem.

Andrea ... there's nothing that can be done for viruses ... no meds. Some dr. prescribe antibiotics but that's just to hush up parents/patients and that's one of the reasons why the "bugs" have become resistant to a lot of antibiotics. There's only 1 antibiotic that is effective for a certain kind of pneumonia. It's a real serious problem.

This is SOooo true and overuse of antibiotics is a huge problem in today's world and they don't touch viruses at all.

Hi ladies. Thank you for checking on him. You all are so sweet! He is doing a little better. He's been 24 hours without a fever, but the pain is still there. The doctor said it may be Tues before he's over it completely. I'm sure hoping and praying! Tues is coming pretty quick...

Evelyn and Marilyn, you are absolutely right about the antibiotics. That's why he was in the hospital. They weren't sure if it was appendicitis, which would require surgery; a bacterial infection, which would require an antibiotic; or a virus, which just has to run its course. Until they were sure, he was just under observation.

Please, keep us in your prayers. I'll be back to LYSL as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived