What Are Your Favorite Summer Reads?

Ande43

I have just read The Next Always, The Perfect Hope and The Last Boyfriend...by Nora Roberts..really enjoyed them all...I have tons of her books that I got from a friend but have not read them....I have really been missing out I think....are any of you fans of hers??

I have just read The Next Always, The Perfect Hope and The Last Boyfriend...by Nora Roberts..really enjoyed them all...I have tons of her books that I got from a friend but have not read them....I have really been missing out I think....are any of you fans of hers??

Love Nora Roberts and I've read all three of these. Have you read her In Death series writing as J D Robb? I LOVE them. I've read the first book 21 times and listened to it twice. I love her characters. They seem like old friends. Great reading.

I used to read all Nora Roberts books, but I didn't like when she went more into mysteries.
I've really come to enjoy books written by Debbie Macomber. She has a whole series (10+ books) called the Cedar Cover Series (16 Lighthouse Road is the first) and also another about Knitting - the Blossom Street Series (The Shop on Blossom Street is #1).

I just finished reading the Harry Potter Series for the umpteenth time. I just started reading 'Wicked Business' by Janet Evanovich. Love Nora Roberts and of course her 'Death' series written as JD Robb. Some of my other favorite authors are: Mary Balogh, Lynn Kurland, time travel books by Diana Gabaldon and 'A Knight In Shining Armor' by Jude Deveraux] and history books on the American Revolution.

I'm in the middle of a non-fiction titled the BOYS IN THE BOAT. It's the story of the 1936 Olympics and the crew team from the U. of Washington...where they came from, how they got there. Fascinating read! I had no idea how popular crew was back then!

I know this is supposed to be a thread about books, but I just watched the first two episodes of the Outlander series. Now I have to get the books. No wonder you guys that read it loved it. I can't wait until the next show.

Karen

Love Nora Roberts and I've read all three of these. Have you read her In Death series writing as J D Robb? I LOVE them. I've read the first book 21 times and listened to it twice. I love her characters. They seem like old friends. Great reading.

What is the first book in the "Death" Series?? I have one of those but am wondering which is the first? Just LOOK at all the books she has written....she has to be one wealthy lady!!!! I'm reading her "The Calhoun Woman" now.

What is the first book in the "Death" Series?? I have one of those but am wondering which is the first? Just LOOK at all the books she has written....she has to be one wealthy lady!!!! I'm reading her "The Calhoun Woman" now.

Naked in Death

I too read everything Nora Roberts writes, a few of them more than once. And I found Diana Galbadon's Outlander series thoroughly engrossing, although she does infuriate me with the cliffhangers at the end of each book. Just finished the latest release last month.

Two new (to me) authors I've enjoyed are J.T. Ellison (When Shadows Fall) and Camilla Lackberg (The Hidden Child). Both write mysteries, but with very different styles.

I know this is supposed to be a thread about books, but I just watched the first two episodes of the Outlander series. Now I have to get the books. No wonder you guys that read it loved it. I can't wait until the next show.

Karen

I've been reading the Outlander series since I found it in approximately 1998. Love 'em! I've seen the first episode and need to make the time to watch the 2nd.

1. Never read Nora Roberts! Well maybe one, years ago. Used to read lots of Nancy Atherton's "Aunt Dimity" series - a quaint little mystery series set in England.

Someone just turned me on to the Outlander series and now you're telling me there's a TV show?! Like, maybe in 20 years I'll catch up?

Best reads I've read lately: The Gravity of Birds, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye, The Language of Flowers, The Dog Who Danced . . . also enjoyed Me Before You, Ordinary Grace, and The Forgotten Garden. Actually I've loved everything I ready by Kate Morton (The Forgotten Garden).

I've read a few good books recently. Loved the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children books (there are 2 currently, there will be at least a third) by Ransom Riggs. (Quirky, sci-fi-ish, great characters, mystery)

Loved "Whistling Past the Graveyard" by Susan Crandall. (historical fiction - civil rights era)

Just read a fun one by Cecelia Ahern, who never disappoints. The most recent I read was "The Time of My Life". My favs by the same author are "Love, Rosie" "A Place Called Here" and "Thanks for the Memories". (Ahern always infuses some whimsy and a magical feel into her novels. Love them!)

And I just read The Giver by Lois Lowry for the first time. What a very cool read! I'm anticipating seeing the movie soon!

I review all the books I read over on Goodreads if anyone is interested in reading my reviews :) I'd love to be reading friends with any of you!! I think this link should get you there :)https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/314565

I've read a few good books recently. Loved the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children books (there are 2 currently, there will be at least a third) by Ransom Riggs. (Quirky, sci-fi-ish, great characters, mystery)

Loved "Whistling Past the Graveyard" by Susan Crandall. (historical fiction - civil rights era)

Just read a fun one by Cecelia Ahern, who never disappoints. The most recent I read was "The Time of My Life". My favs by the same author are "Love, Rosie" "A Place Called Here" and "Thanks for the Memories". (Ahern always infuses some whimsy and a magical feel into her novels. Love them!)

And I just read The Giver by Lois Lowry for the first time. What a very cool read! I'm anticipating seeing the movie soon!

I review all the books I read over on Goodreads if anyone is interested in reading my reviews :) I'd love to be reading friends with any of you!! I think this link should get you there :)https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/314565

I love the idea of Goodreads but quite frankly I don't want certain people to know how much time I spend reading;) ROFL

I read two really good books recently and got both free from my library for my kindle!

The first was Sue Monk Kidd's "The Invention of Wings" and the other was "Orphan Train" by Christina Baker Kline.

Both are non-fiction stories written about real events in our history. Both were VERY good! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also reading Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches trilogy - read the first one (fabulous), have the second one to start when I'm done with my current book and the third just came out this summer.

LOVE THESE!

Karen

Read them when they came out, had a hard time with some of the violence and evil of some characters. Re-reading now, and doing better this time.

Used to read lots of Nancy Atherton's "Aunt Dimity" series - a quaint little mystery series set in England.

I just picked up the first Aunt Dimity book at the library this week! It looked intriguing to me :)

Have read at least 2-3 times each. They are delightful!

I am definitely among kindred hearts here. :wub:

Archived