Upgrade To Pse 11 (Or 12) Or Not?

chattycat89

Hi, I'm just getting into digi-scrapping but have been collecting supplies for around 4 years. (Figured that since my supply is pretty darn big now, it was time to actually put use to all the money I've spent! LOL!) So, a few years ago I bought PSE 8 with the intention of learning it then along with a PSE 8 book, the Scrapgirls Handbook, as well as both of Ro's Scrapbook Elements video tutorials...fast forward to now & PSE 12 is available. Does anyone have experience with both versions 8 & 12 to be able to say if the upgrade would be "worth" it or should I stick with 8 until I'm more comfortable with it & can move around within it easily (since that's what all my books/tutorials relate to) before I try to learn the updated version?

Thanks,

CK

I use PSE 12 and love it. I didn't like PSE8 that much. Adding styles in PSE12 is so easy and there are so many new things that you can do in 12 that were not available in previous versions. I think you can still get a free trial version of PSE 12. Just go to Adobe's website and check it out. The trial is good for 30 days and it gives you a good chance to really play around with it and see if you like it or not, and I think you will love it.

I agree with Carol, upgrading is definitely worth it. I am using 11, have 12 but haven't had time to install it and load all my brushes and styles. If you understand the basics of the PSE system, you might as well get comfortable with the more powerful version. Give the trial a run and see what you think.

And welcome to Scrap girls! There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable folks here, always read to help,out with questions or problems.

Hi and welcome to ScrapGirls!

If I can put my 2 cents in :D..... I started with PSE6 and am still working in it! While I'm sure there is a lot I'm missing - what I don't have, I don't miss and I never have any trouble creating layouts.
The only thing is that nowadays many styles and actions do not work in PSE versions below 10, I think.

I'd say if you want to dive in with what you have - go ahead! You can always upgrade and your learning will never be lost.

I started with 7, then went to 9 which I loved because of the masks. I've got 11 now, it's just so much easier to load styles and actions. I'm going to wait for 13 before I upgrade again. I think you should al least have 11, NO lower.

I went from Photoshop to PSE12.... downgraded (long story here) but all I can say is it's great!!!!!!

In a sales class I took they said" When you buy the best you are rarely disappointed!" Buy the best you can afford to get....there are always new ones to get later!

Wow, thanks! So many ideas given & it sounds like I can't really go wrong either way. I love that I've only asked two questions on the forum so far & have gotten so many knowledgeable answers. It's so nice to see so many other passionate scrappers out there! You've all been wonderful & so helpful...thanks!

CK

Archived