Lorene

Can No Longer Click On An Item On My Photoshop 11 Page

11 posts in this topic

I can no longer select items from the page I am working on. I have to select them from the layer window. I have Photoshop 11.

Do you mean Photoshop Elements 11?

If so, try this: with the Move tool selected, be sure Auto Select Layer is checked in the tool options bar. HTH :)

Click to enlarge:

SS 1 .jpg

Thank you, it worked. I must have accidentally hit the "auto select layer" a few days ago. Now I can be faster and more efficient:)

Glad it's working for you now!

I always select the "auto select layer" when I try to move small objects but always remember to put it back again.

Theresa ... you're one of my heroines !

:)

I always select the "auto select layer" when I try to move small objects but always remember to put it back again.

Instead of changing that setting, try to remember this keyboard shortcut - hold the control key down while moving the tiny object (make sure that layer is selected first). I use this one all the time.

Lorene, I'll never forget the first time that setting got off for me...soooooo frustrating until I got it changed back again!

Instead of changing that setting, try to remember this keyboard shortcut - hold the control key down while moving the tiny object (make sure that layer is selected first). I use this one all the time.

Lorene, I'll never forget the first time that setting got off for me...soooooo frustrating until I got it changed back again!

Thanks Cheri, I did not know this and will use it in future.