Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

This month's Scrap Girls Forum game, Slow Scrap September, is designed to help you get more scrapbook pages done with a series of simple steps that add up to a finished page at the end of each week. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Throughout September, Monday through Saturday, a Welcoming Committee member will post a daily layout step in the game thread. The tasks will be formatted in a LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating them in the game thread as it grows.

Members who complete the steps required in the game thread and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap September Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $15.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap September Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $5.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Members have until 11:59 p.m. (ET) September 30th to complete the steps and post layouts to the Slow Scrap September Gallery.

• The first three layouts will have six tasks each. The last layout will have eight tasks.
  • The tasks will be straight forward, there will be no tricks or surprises.
  • There are no daily time limits.
  • Each day we would like to post an image of your layout "so far" to see how each layout is progressing.

How to post an image in this thread;

1. Be sure you have saved your layout as a PSD file first.
  2. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web)
  3. Then follow the instructions in the first part of this tutorial; How To Post Images In The Forum.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is your first task;

September 1st

Start a new layout and add four papers. One must be a solid colour and one must be patterned, the other two are your choice.

Remember to post an image of your layout so far.

Hmm. This is kind of a mystery scrap, since I don't know what all the requirements are up front. I've selected a section of my cruise photos to consider for use, so I picked a collection with papers to meet today's goal. Here we go!

post-8036-0-63341900-1409582445_thumb.jpg

These are always so much fun to do. Mine often turn out to be a mess but worthy of a laugh or two. :) We'll be traveling for part of the month but I'll see what I can do. Also, for some strange reason, Valerie, I'm always super suspicious of you, LOL. I wonder what you'll be dreaming up for us next! ;)

I was so confused with the Holiday here thinking, why is there a task on Sunday, then I remembered today is Monday!

I'm going to try to keep up with this. :)

I know what you mean, I was confused last week. We had a public holiday in the UK(August bank holiday) and it throw me off course for the whole week :)

These are always so much fun to do. Mine often turn out to be a mess but worthy of a laugh or two. :) We'll be traveling for part of the month but I'll see what I can do. Also, for some strange reason, Valerie, I'm always super suspicious of you, LOL. I wonder what you'll be dreaming up for us next! ;)

I'm hurt Diane :lol: , my track record does go against me doesn't it.

Archived