September Atc Challenge & Swap

teecee

:waving-hi: Hello and Happy September!

I know in many areas the kiddies went back to school last month, but when I went to school we always went back on the day after Labor Day. So now I always associate the month of September with the subject of going back to school.

Soooo, I think it will be a fun topic for this month's ATCs - Back to School. Your cards can be about anything having anything to do with school, learning, teaching, early school years, high school, college, etc. Just play and have fun!

As always, remember part of the beauty of ATCs is that you don't have to include a photo if you don't have one you would like to use; though you may certainly use photos if you wish to. You can create a card with digital embellishments, brushes, word art, papers, styles/actions or just anything you have in your stash.

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card. Upload them to the Artist Trading Cards - Digital & Hybrid Gallery and email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 ppi) to me at: scrapgirl.teecee@gmail.com for the swap. The cards will be due to me by Tuesday September 30th, and I'll try to post a new challenge on or around Wednesday October 1st.

If you need extra help creating your cards, here are some great products made especially for ATCs:

ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie
ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Collage ATC
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Shadows 12601
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards 2
Printable Art and Crafts Sheet: ATC - The Robin
Value Pack: Artist Trading Cards

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Glitter Super Biggie

ATC Watercolor Paper

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: ATC Backgrounds and Edges

Also, don't forget that with a little bit of re-sizing, many of the Pocket Life products may be used for ATCs.

Have fun and I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your wonderful "schoolwork". :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Oh, Syndee's new club is perfect for this! I ran out of time for last month's swap, but I really want to participate this month!

Oh goodie! I sure hope you'll be able to join us this month Carla! :)

Im practising my links.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/152724-atc/

Oops can't seem to get the name write. ok back to my teacher, (Marilyn who is being so wonderful)

Hi Ngaire,

Here is a tutorial that may be helpful to you: How to Post Links in the Forum ;)

I think I have got it!!! :yippee:Sept Atc

Oh I have!!! Thanks so much Marilyn and Theresa.

You are right this is really easy, when one finally gets it right! :blush:

Yep, you got it! :daisy:

Glad we could help!

I just love doing ATC's , Here is another one I have done. I am a bit disappointed with how this one has turned out in the gallery. The colours are all wrong. There is a red border and the background, which is the friday freebie is suppose to be orange. Theresa and I have loaded and reloaded it and still haven't solved the problem. On my computer it is fine and the one I email to Theresa is fine but the one int he gallery is not fine. It looks really drab and dull. Anyone have any ideas why this could be?

I just love doing ATC's , Here is another one I have done. I am a bit disappointed with how this one has turned out in the gallery. The colours are all wrong. There is a red border and the background, which is the friday freebie is suppose to be orange. Theresa and I have loaded and reloaded it and still haven't solved the problem. On my computer it is fine and the one I email to Theresa is fine but the one int he gallery is not fine. It looks really drab and dull. Anyone have any ideas why this could be?

Color management. My guess is that you created it or the items in question that are changing color were created in a different color profile than what the gallery uses. If I remember correctly, sRGB is the standard for the gallery/standard for any place online that doesn't actively manage the color profiles. I know SandiC had problems with this in the past as she likes to use a professional color management for her photos and then things looked different when she posted them online. A PM to her might yield better/ more professional info that what I'm blabbing on about;) In my version of Photoshop, I can change profiles by going to Edit/Convert Profile. If it's not on sRGB, then change it, at least for each image you are going to upload to the gallery.

That was it!!!!! :monkeydance: Cheri and Theresa you are brilliant!!! I changed the colour profile and re uploaded and all it well!!! I remember changing the colour profile when I started using lightroom and because I haven't been uploading images very often never realised what that did. Oh thank you ladies. It really is wonderful being back.!! :daisy:

That was it!!!!! :monkeydance: Cheri and Theresa you are brilliant!!! I changed the colour profile and re uploaded and all it well!!! I remember changing the colour profile when I started using lightroom and because I haven't been uploading images very often never realised what that did. Oh thank you ladies. It really is wonderful being back.!! :daisy:

YAY!! :party-smiley-048:

I just looked at your ATC, and the colors are so much nicer now. Glad you were able to get it to work, and it's wonderful having you back! :)

I'm so glad it worked! Isn't Photoshop, etc FRUSTRATING sometimes?! It's great to see you around these parts again Ngaire!

Archived