6 replies to this topic

#1 sasafras

sasafras

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

Does anyone use Adobe Revel as a backup plan? I lost 6 years of ScrapGirls files on an external hard drive. Angie Briggs sent them all to me! Now I need a backup plan and EHD only is not an option. Thanks all!

#2 scrapgarden

scrapgarden

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I don't know anything about Adobe Revel. I use CrashPlan. It is a reasonable price, unlimited storage, with fairly good support. I have over 2 T of stuff so it is taking a long time to get it all uploaded. almost 2 years now and 83% done.Ome of that is because  I don't have the fastest internet service. Some things I don't like about it is that you can't really tell what has been uploaded and what hasn't. Newest files upload first. It has a trial option. I had Carbonite and really liked it's features, but with my internet service after 2 years was only 1/4 th backed up. Was reasonably priced. My neighbor has Backblaze and likes it. When I checked it out it told me I had too much stuff and they were not a suitable product for me. That was a nice feature. If you Google online storage backup there are several sites that compare and give reviews. I have cloud storage, and 3 EHDs which I trade off with. I have had 5 hard drives fail over the years, including my C drive. A double backup plan is definitely necessary!

#3 alsoarty

alsoarty

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

I don't know that program at all. I use Dropbox, and Copy and iCloud. I also lost all my stash 8 years worth. I have some restored through Angie. I hate when that happens.

gallery_19737_4317_55271.png

SG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_Olympian.pngMW-2013-Blinkie.gif

#4 Barb Eugene

Barb Eugene

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

I love Carbonite!  I had a fire in my motherboard and was able to restore all my files consisting of thousands of photos and Scrap Girls files in less than a day.  I also use Carbonite to back up my work files.  An additional benefit of Carbonite is that I can access my work files from home on those occasions I have to work on the weekends.  I also have a EHD as an additional backup for everything.

#5 sasafras

sasafras

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Barb, I didn't realize Carbonite was a cloud service, will check it out.

Scrapgarden,I was looking at Backblaze today. I have great internet service, even when I'm in Mexico. I'll check out Crashplan tomorrow. 

Alsoarty, Dropbox is great but I have almost 2 T of stuff, so I just keep Docs on there and files I'm sharing.

After losing 2 EHDs in 2 months I'm freaked out. Reviews say the larger they are, they more suseptible they are to failure due to motion and heat.

Thanks Ladies!!!

#6 sasafras

sasafras

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

I decided to check on the warrenty for one of the 3 TB hard drives that crashed and one was still under warrenty! The data can't be recovered but I get a new hard drive! Now to figure out a cloud service. Can't decide, Backblaze, Carbonite, or Crashplan....

#7 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I use multiple EHD's, all mirroring one another.  If one fails, which one did, it's not a problem because everything is duplicated on a different drive.  Then I just replace the failed drive and back it up again.

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngButton_Published.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users