How Do I Use Scrap Simple Tools

BRO70

Hi,

Do you mean ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Fairy Dust?

If so, I'm not sure how familiar you are with using PSE 11, but I'll try to help.

To load styles (.asl) files: Open PSE 11 and be sure you are in Expert Mode. Look at the top of the screen to the far right and under Create, you should see Effects, Graphics and Favorites Tabs. Click on the Effects tab and you'll see tabs for Filters, Styles and Effects. Click on the Styles tab. Look to the right of the graphics tab and you'll see a fly-out menu. (Depending on how you have your panels set up, yours may look a little different than mine, but the fly-out menu should still be to the far right of the tabs.)

Click on image to enlarge:

SS 1.jpg

Click on the menu to open it, and select Load Styles

SS 2.jpg

Now navigate to where you have your Scrap Girls Styles saved on your computer. Select the asl file of the style you want to load and click the Load button. The style will load into the PSE styles panel and is ready to use.

To apply a style, activate the layer of the item you want to apply the style to, and double-click on whichever style you wish to apply.

Let us know if you need more help. :)

Assuming you want to color the Brush Set: Fairy Silhouettes, the product comes with both png files and an abr (adobe brush) file. If you simply want to color a fairy, open the png file in your program after you have installed the style set (as Theresa explained above).

Make sure the layer with the fairy is selected and then just click on the different styles to get the look you'd like.

Thanks, everyone for your replies. You all made it so simple to use. Now I'm on my way to new adventures with digital scrapping.

So glad we could help. Don't hesitate to ask questions - we are a friendly and very helpful bunch :)

Archived