Should Santa Bring A Walcom Tablet ?

Boatlady

Well I am thinking of asking Santa for a drawing tablet...I know it's early but one has to be prepared!. I am wondering are they really that great and what make/ model is best?? can you use wireless mouse and wireless tablet at the same time? any other information that would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I cannot answer the question about wireless tablet and wireless mouse. My Wacom Intuos 4S is a plug and the mouse is wireless.

I really do like my tablet as it has stopped the pain I had in my arm. I feel I have more freedom with the pen when using brushes on my layouts also and have even used my own handwriting one time.

I gave my daughter an amazon GC last year for Christmas and she promptly bought a Wacom tablet with it. Honestly, I'd have given her the tablet for a present if she'd told me she wanted it!

The one she got was under $100 and she loves it.

They have changed the model names up a bit, so you'll want to go to the Wacom site to compare the different ones.

Hi Debby,

I have a bamboo play plus fun (I think)... It is pretty simple, about a4 size with some smart keys. I dont really use the keys that much but I can use it at the same time as the touchpad on my laptop, no worries. I love it for extracting and brushwork and anything fiddly :-) I don't use it instead of my mouse tho, I use it as well as :-)

If Santa brings you a Wacom you will be very happy Xmas morning :-)... This assumes you have been a good girl????

Well thanks ladies for all the information.

I am planning to do lots of extractions this winter of all the flower photos I have taken in my gardens so I guess I will just have to pick one and put it on the wish list.

They'll drive you nuts while you're learning - I want to warn you about them. But oh, is it worth it!

I end up switching back and forth. I always use my bamboo fun while scrapping. It's a little more effort to pick it up than a mouse, so for general computer use I'll often go back to the mouse.

I have a very old Logic model, which I also use for finer details, such as brushes,fonts and sketches. I really enjoy using it.

I have been looking for a replacement as it is no longer compatible with windows 7 and crashes sometimes.

I was looking at a wacom pen & touch tablet and the price range isn't too shocking.

I wouldn't want to be without one now! Great piece of equipment...

Debby I'm sure Father Christmas knows that you really want one :)

Me too - I have a Bamboo Fun and it's wonderful for intricate work and extractions. The pen takes a little bit to get used to, but I found it easy enough. I've never used the smart keys. The only problem I have with my tablet is I forget I have it or am too lazy to get up to go get it! :)

Archived