Alpha Photo Collage

sallyr

Armi Castodio has an example of the use of the SNU_SSalpha_PhotoCollage, named Beautiful, dated 2-21-2010 in the Gallery.

I would like to know how she accomplished the page using the template. I purchased the Alpha Photo Collage Template but can't seem to figure out how Armi

got that particular look from the template.

Sally Rinker

Hi Sally! That LO was from years ago but it is still one of my favorites. I'm happy that you are inspired to try it out! Here's how I did it.

-I made two copies of my sepia-tone photo

-The first copy, I clipped (Alt Ctl-G or Ctl-G ) to the SNU_SSAlpha_PhotoCollage_B-CollageSingleLayer .png.

-The second copy, (which is below the clipped layer), I changed it's blending mode to linear light and reduced the opacity to make it fade into the background. You might have to experiment on the modes and opacity to suit your photo.

-Depending on your photo, you may also have to erase or extract any distracting background features so as to make it blend seamlessly into your background paper.

I hope that helps! Please show your work off in the gallery. I would love to see it!

Armi

Hi Sally! That LO was from years ago but it is still one of my favorites. I'm happy that you are inspired to try it out! Here's how I did it.

-I made two copies of my sepia-tone photo

-The first copy, I clipped (Alt Ctl-G or Ctl-G ) to the SNU_SSAlpha_PhotoCollage_B-CollageSingleLayer .png.

-The second copy, (which is below the clipped layer), I changed it's blending mode to linear light and reduced the opacity to make it fade into the background. You might have to experiment on the modes and opacity to suit your photo.

-Depending on your photo, you may also have to erase or extract any distracting background features so as to make it blend seamlessly into your background paper.

I hope that helps! Please show your work off in the gallery. I would love to see it!

Armi

Thanks for posting the info, Armi! It is a beautiful page! :)

I did not explain myself very well. You would need to look at the scrapbook page to see what I mean. The full body of the subject and background is transparent except where the template "B" is. Part of the face (eye etc)

Is showing in the template and the face is not transparent.

I did not explain myself very well. You would need to look at the scrapbook page to see what I mean. The full body of the subject and background is transparent except where the template "B" is. Part of the face (eye etc)

... The full body of the subject and background is transparent except where the template "B" is. Part of the face (eye etc)

The key words in Armi's instructions are 'two copies of my photo'. One copy has been blended into a paper background. The other copy has been clipped to the alpha template.

The clipped copy is placed on top of the blended copy.

Archived