2:00 P.m. (Et) - Hybrid Cards: Basic To Advanced

SodScrap

Whether you are new to the concept of Hybrid Cards or you are a devoted fan, join Conda (SodScrap) and Theresa (teecee) in the chat room for ideas and inspiration. We'll review a how-to tutorial, go over some basic supplies and share a few of our favorite non-digital tools and products for creating awesome hybrid cards!

Your challenge it to create a hybrid card.

See you in the chat room at 2:00 pm Eastern Time!!

I've added a list of products discussed in this POST, feel free to add your favorites too!!

Check out these great tutorials on the blog for more information on hybrid cards and printing them!

Post your completed cards in the Greeting Cards Gallery

Here is my first hybrid card: Thank You

Here are the basic instructions:

This hybrid card was super simple.
1. I printed the project life card from Amanda's Gratitude Mini Kit. I chose it because it had the sentiment I was looking for and it was already "pre-decorated". I used adhesive to stick that to my ready made (store bought) card.
2. I used Picasa to search for "purple flower"-I knew I wanted a simple purple flower. Found it and then used it in my Silhouette Cameo and created a print and cut. Printed. Cut. (the flower would have been easy to cut out by hand, and probably even faster...lol)
3. I sprayed the flowers with "Glimmer Mist" for a little glitter and shine
4. Used a rhinestone brad for the middle of the flower
5. Put the flowers on with pop dots to give it added dimension.

Done!!

Card two: I Love You

Again...simple!

1. I designed the card in Photo shop
2. I resized the papers I chose for the layers
3. Started a new blank 8.5 x 11 document and drug the papers/elements over to print (it took to pieces of card stock)
4. After they were printed, I used my paper cutter to cut the elements, and scissors to cut the bottom of the word art to give it the "torn" edge
5. Use the Silhouette to print and cut the butterflies.
6. I used the jelly roll pen to add glitter highlights to the butterflies
7. Assembled the card. I used pop dots for dimension for the butterflies
8. Again, I used a ready made card as my base.

Here's my hybrid birthday card.

Instructions:

1. I started by opening template number 3 from Mandy Steward’s ScrapSimple Card Templates: 5.5x4.25 Curvy, duplicating it, and closing the original.

2. I recolored and resized the papers I wanted to use from Elisha Barnett’s First Blush Collection Biggie and clipped them to the various sections of the template.

3. I also added the black brads from Elisha’s First Blush Collection.

4. Next, I added black stroke outlines to each section of the template.

5. I typed “Happy Birthday” in the center of the small black square with Sanvito Pro font.

6. On a separate page, I made a second copy of the “Happy Birthday” square.

7. I printed the card and second “Happy Birthday” square, cut them out with my paper trimmer, and scored and folded the card.

8. Then I used a pop dot to adhere the second “Happy Birthday” to the card to give it some added dimension.

9. I finished by adhering a store bought paper flower to the card.

Easy Peasy! :daisy:

Awesome chat ladies!

Some products discussed that are must-haves for hybrid card making:

1. Pop dots or foam squares-for 3 dimensional look
  2. Stickles - glitter glue
  3. Glimmer mist - glitter spray
  4. Gelly roll glitter pens-Stardust is my favorite color
  5. Glue dots-some of mine are Glue Dots brand, some are Zots
  6. Ann mentioned a secret glitter that I can't remember...DO SHARE! ;)
  7. Ball point glue pen - for smaller more precise applications Martha Stewart is one of many brands available
  8. Chalk ink
  9. To create your own envelopes: We R Memories Keepers Envelope Punch Board or the Martha Stewart Score Pal w/envelope tool

Feel free to add your favorites in this thread. Also, please post if you have questions.

Archived