October Hybrid Atc Calendar Swap

CRS

Lei and I are SO EXCITED to be bringing back the ATC Desktop Calendar swap for 2015! – This is a cute idea for you OR great to give as a gift!

Description: ATC Calendar Pages
Quantity: You will be making a total of 12 identical ATC cards for the month you choose.

* The calendar portion will measure 1.25 x 1.5 inches
and placement of that calendar on the ATC is your choice. The rest of the card can be designed/decorated any way you want within the guidelines of the "special design notes" using your favorite SG collection and embellishments. I will provide you with a correct size calendar sheet for you to print and cut for your cards.

** Special design notes - the calendar is designed to be oriented in the landscape position. Please leave the top 1/2 inch of the card free of embellishments
so holes can be punched for the book rings. (See photos below) DO NOT PUNCH your own holes. We will do that for you so that all calendar cards will be uniform and fit the base. We will make your base and ship it to you along with the cards being swapped out. YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE your own rings (don't mail the rings – just hang onto them!)

Here is one from Marij:

post-2597-0-18100100-1413394072_thumb.jpg

One from AnnBK

post-2597-0-60232900-1413394086_thumb.jpg

And one from Lorac

post-2597-0-95950400-1413394098_thumb.jpg

Requirements:
Standard size ATC is 3.5 x 2.5, please use a good base card-stock and provide at least 2 layers of card-stock. Use a minimum of 2 embellishments and/or techniques. Remember to sign and date the back of your card!

Deadlines:
Due IN Hand to me: November 24th

These need to be in my hands no later than November 24th. I will swap them out within a week so we can beat the beginning of the holiday mailing frenzy. If all are received early, they will be swapped out at that time. Again, would like to get them swapped out asap to avoid the holiday mailing rush!!

Mailing instructions:
Place your 12 ATC cards in a plastic zip-lock baggie to prevent any possible water damage. Include a SASE with at least the same amount of postage as it took to mail to Carla + 2 additional stamps. All unused postage will be returned.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions you have. This is on a first come, first served basis, so sign up quickly!! IF BY CHANCE we do not get 12 people to sign and you would like to take 2 months (24 cards, 12 each),PM me and let me know you are willing, if need be.

As you call out in this thread which month you want, I will edit this post to reflect who has which month and which months are still available. Again, first come (call out) gets first dibs on a particular month. Once you see your name on the list you can start making your 12 cards. I will email you the calendar grid for your month and send you my mailing address. The sooner they get to me, the sooner you get your complete calendar back!!

January: Ngaire

February: Bride (Lei)

March: Marij (Marilyn)

April: Ladyscrapalot (Kelly)

May: LauraYB (Laura)

June: Jane in NZ (Jane)

July: Nica (Monica)

August: TeeCee (Theresa)

September: CRS (Carla)

October: Kitty Princess (Lauren)

November: CountryDi (Di)

December: AnnBK (Ann)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, YAY Carla and Lei, thank you! I've been wanting to get back into the Hybrid ATC's and this is the perfect chance!

I've so enjoyed my last year's calendar all year.

Could I have March (my birthday month!) please?

Thank you both for doing this. :)

Oh, these were so much fun last year!! I love the ones we all did, but with everything else I have going on now, I don't know if I could get them done in time... :(

YIPPPPEEE!!! I was wondering if we were going to do another round of hybrid cards....but this is even better! Last year's swap was so much fun, I ended up making several more for gifts. I will take December if it's still up for grabs. And I would be happy to do a second month if we fall short. Thanks for hosting this swap, I know there's a lot of work involved in assembling the calendars.

Okay. I'll be brave and join a hybrid challenge. :blush:I'll take December. lol...I guess it helps if I pay attention to the posts before mine...how about I do July. :D

So a couple of questions from a newbie:

• provide at least 2 layers of card-stock: Meaning print one and glue it to a second?
  • Use a minimum of 2 embellishments and/or techniques: specifically hybrid techniques? Can you give me some examples...just to get a feel for what the expectations are?

Okay. I'll be brave and join a hybrid challenge. :blush:I'll take December. lol...I guess it helps if I pay attention to the posts before mine...how about I do July. :D

• provide at least 2 layers of card-stock: Meaning print one and glue it to a second?
  • Use a minimum of 2 embellishments and/or techniques: specifically hybrid techniques? Can you give me some examples...just to get a feel for what the expectations are?

Hi Monica,

The Hybrid ATCs and calendars have a front and a back, so yes - I end up glueing both together for 2 layers of cardstock.

The back usually has the name of the swap, date and my name. I personally don't usually "hybrid" the back and you have to be careful the embellishments aren't too thick - as usually they are put into baseball card sleeves.

I can tell you some embellishments I've used - on the June calendar sample above, I glued some NJ Beach sand and tiny shells and driftwood to my card. I've also used tiny sequins, glitter glue, (but Ann is the Glitter Goddess!), buttons, tiny ribbons, pieces of fabric, etc etc. I've also printed a few smaller pieces of my card (for instance a quote) twice and cut the second one out and glued it on top of the first to create some depth...

Others can chime in but that's a few of what I've used!

Lei and Carla - hope it's ok to put my two cents in and please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Hi Monica,

The Hybrid ATCs and calendars have a front and a back, so yes - I end up glueing both together for 2 layers of cardstock.

The back usually has the name of the swap, date and my name. I personally don't usually "hybrid" the back and you have to be careful the embellishments aren't too thick - as usually they are put into baseball card sleeves.

I can tell you some embellishments I've used - on the June calendar sample above, I glued some NJ Beach sand and tiny shells and driftwood to my card. I've also used tiny sequins, glitter glue, (but Ann is the Glitter Goddess!), buttons, tiny ribbons, pieces of fabric, etc etc. I've also printed a few smaller pieces of my card (for instance a quote) twice and cut the second one out and glued it on top of the first to create some depth...

Lei and Carla - hope it's ok to put my two cents in and please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

There are many ways to do it, but mostly it's to make sure the pages don't tear easily. I know I look through my set from 2014 all the time! I used one piece of cardstock as the base, then another as a mat leaving a thin border around the edge (the pieces were almost the same size). The embellies/techniques can be hybrid or digital. Just remember that they flatter the card, the better since they will be sitting on a base attached with rings to 11 other atc cards!

On Carol's October card above, her card was done completely digital, then glitter pens were used on some objects and the edges were inked. Nothing too fancy, but the effects are really cool!

Great questions! There really is no right or wrong way to do it as long as you follow the sizes and allow for the holes to be punched!

Hi Monica,

There are many ways to do it, but mostly it's to make sure the pages don't tear easily. I know I look through my set from 2014 all the time! I used one piece of cardstock as the base, then another as a mat leaving a thin border around the edge (the pieces were almost the same size). The embellies/techniques can be hybrid or digital. Just remember that they flatter the card, the better since they will be sitting on a base attached with rings to 11 other atc cards!

On Carol's October card above, her card was done completely digital, then glitter pens were used on some objects and the edges were inked. Nothing too fancy, but the effects are really cool!

Great questions! There really is no right or wrong way to do it as long as you follow the sizes and allow for the holes to be punched!

If you talk a walk down the scrap aisle at WalMart you could find stickers (like of flags or stars or something) that would be considered an embellishment or brads - there are shaped brads like stars as well ... just a few more ideas for you!

Hi Monica,

If you talk a walk down the scrap aisle at WalMart you could find stickers (like of flags or stars or something) that would be considered an embellishment or brads - there are shaped brads like stars as well ... just a few more ideas for you!

Oooohhhh. I love brads, Lei! :D

Oh ladies this will be so much fun, and I would love to join in but living down at the bottom of the world makes for many difficulties in posting so I will just enjoy all your excitement. Please do put them in the gallery when you are all done so we can see what you all do and can oooh and ah. Have fun ladies.

Oh ladies this will be so much fun, and I would love to join in but living down at the bottom of the world makes for many difficulties in posting so I will just enjoy all your excitement. Please do put them in the gallery when you are all done so we can see what you all do and can oooh and ah. Have fun ladies.

Ngaire you can do this i did one last year and its lots of fun and so easy to post. the only problem we will receive them after christmas but thats ok :)

Carla I'll have May...I'm in again :)

OK, I'm going to be brave and join in -- this is my first ATC swap and really sounds like fun. Thanks for your tips, Carla. I can come up with something of Swapping Value!

I'll take May if it's still available!

Your PM box must be full. I tried to send you a PM. If you could PM me your email address, I'll send you the calendar grid and my mailing address!

I've worked on my but I need to sleep on it for a day or two. Not sure it's how I want it.

I do have one question. It says to use a good base good stock. I have card stock that I got from Wal-mart.It says it's perfect for scrapbooking and it's rated 110 weight (lb). If I use 2 of these will this be sturdy enough? Also any suggestions on which type of glue to use?

Thanks!

I've worked on my but I need to sleep on it for a day or two. Not sure it's how I want it.

I do have one question. It says to use a good base good stock. I have card stock that I got from Wal-mart.It says it's perfect for scrapbooking and it's rated 110 weight (lb). If I use 2 of these will this be sturdy enough? Also any suggestions on which type of glue to use?

Thanks!

I LOVE glue runners. You can get them at craft stores and the big office supply places. Easy to apply and they really hold things together.

Thanks!

That's the Georgia-Pacific brand, right? That's what I use on a lot of my hybrid projects and it would be just fine for these. We just don't want the cards to be thin like printer paper thin.

I am a huge fan of tape runners! Mostly because I don't have to wait for glue to dry :)

OK, I'm going to be brave and join in -- this is my first ATC swap and really sounds like fun. Thanks for your tips, Carla. I can come up with something of Swapping Value!

I'll take May if it's still available!

Hey, you changed your screen name! Now I won't confuse it any more, rofl!!

Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot to say....Boy, you're fast!!!

One technique that I developed for these is to print the front and back butted together along the long side. Then you can cut them out and fold along the mid point. That saves one cut and it's easier to fold and glue them together. Got mine printed.....watch out for that explosion of glitter!

Archived