Anniversary Celebration Schedule - Week 2

Anniversary Celebration - Week 2

We have so much fun planned for our 10th Anniversary Celebration and don't want you to miss out on any of it!

Scrap 10 Challenge Thread

If you have your time zone set correctly on the forum, the forum calendar should be able to do the time-zone conversion for you.

When you click on a specific chat in the calendar, it will show the date and time for you on the top purple bar.

Friday, October 24th

Scrap10 Challenge: Your Previous Decade (Valerie)

A lot of things can happen in 10 years - both big events and little things. Today, we challenge you to create a layout about the best memories from the last 10 years of your life.

Forum Game: Anniversary Boutique Scav-10-ger Hunt (Valerie)

How well do you know your Scrap Girls collections? If we gave you a list of 10 different collections, do you think you could find a specific item within them? Join us on the Forum to give it a try.

Saturday, October 25th

Chat:

o 8 p.m. (ET) Meet Our Designers Chat

This is your chance to chat with some of your favorite Scrap Girls Designers: Angie Briggs, Marlene Peacock, and Cheri Thieleke! Ask them anything you want to know about their designs and creative process or just get to know them. The designers also have a special prize planned for attendees.

Scrap10 Challenge: 1+2+3+4=10 (Theresa R)

The ancient Greeks thought 10 was a mystical number because of this perfect mathematical formula. Today, we will use this formula to make a perfect layout with 10 elements.

Sunday, October 26th - Off

Monday, October 27th

Scrap10 Challenge: My Top 10 List (Marilyn)

Were you ever a fan of Late Night with David Letterman? Do you remember the nightly Top 10 list? For this challenge, pick any topic and create your own Top 10 list. Whether your list is funny or serious, this challenge is a fun way to add journaling to your page.

Tuesday, October 28th

Scrap10 Challenge: Backing-Up Nightmares (Carla)

Wednesday, October 29th

Scrap10 Challenge / High Noon Crop: ScrapSimple Decathlon (April)

The High Noon Crop is designed to allow you to work on your own photos and themes by providing a fun, new challenge and a one-hour goal. Today, we're having a ScrapSimple Decathlon! Your challenge is to use 10 ScrapSimple Tools or Templates in your layout. This may be a tough one, but we'll give you lots of ideas and tips at the chat!

Thursday, October 30th

Scrap10 Challenge: A Perfect 10 (Theresa G)

You’ve probably heard the expression “A Perfect 10,” right? Well, in honor of Scrap Girls’ 10th Anniversary, today’s challenge will be to use 10 photos on a layout, using those photos to show how something is perfect. Any subject matter will do, as long as you feel it shows perfection of some kind. Can you come up with a “Perfect 10”?

Friday October 31st

Scrap10 Challenge: Your Most Frightening Layout (Valerie)

How many times have you looked back at some of your early layouts in horror? We all gain new skills and get closer to finding our own personal style with every layout we finish. Today, your challenge is to re-do one of the first 10 layouts you ever posted here at Scrap Girls.

Forum Game: Halloween Embellishment Hunt

Hunt for haunted embellishments buried in the Scrap Girls BOOTIQUE. If you correctly identify all 16 items, you will be entered into a drawing to win a Gift Certificate!

Sorry April but I am still confused. I copied these challenges directly from your e-mail and I count 12 Scrap 10 Challenges. I thought there were only 10?

Scrap10 Challenge: Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend

Scrap10 Challenge: Tin Roof Rusted

Scrap10 Challenge: Diamond or Rhinestone

Scrap10 Challenge: How did you find Scrap Girls?

Scrap10 Challenge: Using Diamonds & Tin

Scrap10 Challenge/High Noon Crop: Geometric Challenge: Diamonds

Scrap10 Challenge: Tin Man

Scrap10 Challenge: Your Previous Decade

Scrap10 Challenge: 1+2+3+4=10

Scrap10 Challenge / High Noon Crop: ScrapSimple Decathlon

Scrap10 Challenge: A Perfect 10

Scrap10 Challenge: Your Most Frightening Layout

Sorry April but I am still confused. I copied these challenges directly from your e-mail and I count 12 Scrap 10 Challenges. I thought there were only 10?

Belle, you only have to complete 10 to be entered into the drawing for the grand prize. By the time we're done celebrating there will be 30 to choose from. HTH

Belle, you only have to complete 10 to be entered into the drawing for the grand prize. By the time we're done celebrating there will be 30 to choose from. HTH

Okay, thanks April. I understand now. So we can choose which ones we want to do. Great idea. Some of them sound hard.

I am a little scared of 10 ScrapSimple Tools or templates so that is one I am definitely going to DO! Can't wait... this is another awesome schedule of chats and challenges... What a party huh?

Yes, Jody, loving the party! ScrapGirls has gone all out on this celebration. A special thanks to ALL OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS who work so tirelessly on keeping us happy and challenged! You gals are awesome!

Looking forward to week #2! Those challenges are awesome!

I know only 10 layouts are required but can I create 30? Scary!

Wow! What a week you gals have planned for us. Week one has been awesome and loads of fun. All of the chats, freebies, special prizes have been wonderful. I even won a $5 GC for my layout in the Tin Roof Rusted challenge. Woo Hoo! Saving that for something special.

Thank you Scrap Girls for all the hard work that you have done on this 10th Anniversary Party. You gals are fabulous.

Love to all of you.

Wow! What a week you gals have planned for us. Week one has been awesome and loads of fun. All of the chats, freebies, special prizes have been wonderful. I even won a $5 GC for my layout in the Tin Roof Rusted challenge. Woo Hoo! Saving that for something special.

Thank you Scrap Girls for all the hard work that you have done on this 10th Anniversary Party. You gals are fabulous.

Love to all of you.

Awwww... Thank YOU too - it's all of US that make this Purple place wonderful together. :)

... and if you complete all 30 there is a special prize!

"Anyone who completes qualifying layouts for ALL 30 Scrap 10 Challenges will automatically win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!"

You can read it all in Post 1 HERE, Belle. :)

Oops, thanks Marilyn. Put it down to a senior citizen moment.

I'm scared of the high noon chat challenge...10 templates on one (or 2) pages seems daunting. I'll try it..... Up for the challenge.

It isn't 10 templates, it is templates or tools, so you could use several styles, an action or two, a shape, a few embellishments (they could be from the same set) and a paper or two and you're just about there.

April,

I've been out of town, can we still participate in any of the challenges and get those lovely jewels by our names?

Hi Leslie Ann,

You can still participate in the challenges - you will want to be sure to sign up in the Scrap 10 Challenge Sign-Up thread, so April can add you to the tracking sheet. Let us know if you have any questions and have fun! Hope you'll also be able to join us for some of the Digital Scrapbooking Day chats and fun tomorrow! :)

April,

I've been out of town, can we still participate in any of the challenges and get those lovely jewels by our names?

I'll add your name to the list Leslie. You get a jewel for each layout and you can do any of the challenges. Week1, 2 or 3 (which hasn't been posted yet). I'll be updating it every night until November 7th.