East Coast Meetup Planned -- Mad Scrappers

lorac

Theresa (teecee) and I were talking about the fun we had at the meetup we went to in 2010 in PA. We were called the Mad Scrappers, and we still are. So I'm asking everyone who is in the area, or beyond, if they would be interested in attending one here in New York. We were thinking about March or April 2015. Easter is April 5th, and Passover is April 3rd. Daylight Savings Time begins on March 8th, so we'll have more daylight hours. The weekend would be Friday, Saturday and head for home on Sunday (or Monday). The New York Botanical Garden will be having its annual Orchid Show February 28 to April 19, 2015. We can go into Manhattan one day and take a cruise around Manhattan Island, walk around Central Park.

Once we get a formal count of who will be attending, I'll be checking into hotels/motels/inns to see what kind of prices we would be talking about for rooms and if they have a conference room for us to hold our scrap meeting in.

Anyone interested please sign up in this thread and what weekend would be good for you.

Carol (lorac)

I would love to do that....any of those dates are fine with me ...it's before boating season!!! I wouldn't have a clue how to help because I do not know the area at all...but I would do what I could. Count me in.

I'd love to Carol if the dates and such work out! NJ Hotels would probably be cheaper than the CIty but I'm not quite sure where would be a good location?

I'll try to ask around in case you need some suggestions.

Yay! And, thanks for starting this. :)

My niece is a travel agent and y'all do know that they don't charge ... I could ask her to check it out for us but would have to know where ... also, my BFF Nina is from there ... could ask her what is the best location ... Where do you live, Carol?

My niece is a travel agent and y'all do know that they don't charge ... I could ask her to check it out for us but would have to know where ... also, my BFF Nina is from there ... could ask her what is the best location ... Where do you live, Carol?

I live in Yonkers, which is in Westchester County. It's about 45 minutes outside of Manhattan. I'm also close to White Plains. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd love to Carol if the dates and such work out! NJ Hotels would probably be cheaper than the CIty but I'm not quite sure where would be a good location?

I'll try to ask around in case you need some suggestions.

Yay! And, thanks for starting this. :)

I was thinking of staying in New York, ie: Westchester, White Plains, and other nearby towns. It's easy to get into the city from there, just hop on the Metro North and it takes you right into Grand Central Terminal.

If April (the month) doesn't work for you, there is always May or June before the hot humid weather sets in. Or if you would like to wait until September/October 2015 for the changing of the leaves we can always do a cruise up the Hudson. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Usually before May or after September is better for me, summers are busy. I don't know my schedule yet, but I'll keep watching this.

Maybe we should try to coordinate when Belle will be visiting NY? Just a thought....

That's a great idea MariJ. I'll PM her.

How do you all feel about setting the meet up for September/October? Autumn is a great time of the year to visit New York, especially with all the changing of the leaves and the nice cool air after sticky/humid summer. This gives us plenty of time to decide and choose a hotel etc. I would guess that February would be a good month to start definite plans and figure out who will be attending and to set a definite date. How does that sound to everyone?

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is there is so much to see and not enough time to see everything. In February I'll start a count of who wants to come and how many days we will be able to spend running amuck, but without scissors in our hands. Thanks for your offer of help Aggie, I appreciate it.

I would certainly love to attend this as well. I'm not an East Coast scrapper either and a lot of the newer people don't even know me, but I'd still like to join the fun. October sounds like a good time to me. But then again any time is good for me. The last time I was out that way I flew into Newark which wasn't as busy as the New York City airport I can't think of the name of now. I'll keep an eye on this as well.

I would certainly love to attend this as well. I'm not an East Coast scrapper either and a lot of the newer people don't even know me, but I'd still like to join the fun. October sounds like a good time to me. But then again any time is good for me. The last time I was out that way I flew into Newark which wasn't as busy as the New York City airport I can't think of the name of now. I'll keep an eye on this as well.

YAY! I'd love to meet you in real life Joy! :)

I'd like to meet you too! I remember you were in my very first class I took at SG when I first joined and knew nothing or anyone at all. :D

Newark airport is now renamed Liberty International (After the 9/11 incidents) and is quite busy these days. The NY airports are LaGuardia and Kennedy and for sure many people use Liberty over them even now. :)

Archived