Problem With Styles - Pse 8

Ande43

All of a sudden all of the styles have disappeared....there is nothing in that area not even the usual basic Shadows that are always there. Any ideas....they were there the last time I used it a weekago

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure about PSE 8, but is your Effects panel visible? If not, go to Window in the menu bar and click on Effects (the shortcut is F6). See if that helps.

It is but the styles will not open.....I followed the path to the Styles folder and got the message "Windows Can't open this file" when I clicked on one of the styles....it gave a couple choices to pick, Use Web service to find the correct one or Selet a program from a listing of installed Programs

Okay, I'm not sure what the path is for Windows 8, but for Windows 7 you would need to close PSE, and go to:

C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > YourVersion > Locale > en_us and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file.

Then go to C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > YourVersion and delete the ThumbDatabase.db3 file.

Then restart PSE and don't do anything, just allow the database to rebuild. This may take some time. In the past, mine has taken up to about 20 minutes or so to rebuild. When it's done rebuilding, the styles should be visible in the effects panel.

As I mentioned, I'm not sure if those paths will work for Windows 8, but maybe you could find the path you need. The main thing is to delete those files and restart PSE and let it rebuild. HTH

That worked....except only one of the Drop Shadows that comes with PSE came back....no matter, I have other DS from SG and another site....Thanks so much Theresa...I wrote down the path and instructions to do this for net time.....

That worked....except only one of the Drop Shadows that comes with PSE came back....no matter, I have other DS from SG and another site....Thanks so much Theresa...I wrote down the path and instructions to do this for net time.....

I'm glad to hear it worked for you, Carol! Hmmm, I'm not sure why all of the PSE drop shadows didn't come back though. Well, at least it's working now :)

Archived