Digital Scrapbooking Day - 1 November

DSD2.png

Digital Scrapbooking Day is this Saturday and we have a whole day of Chats and Scrap10 Challenges scheduled!

• Prizes given at every chat
  • All layouts count toward our Scrap10 Challenge
  • Win a Wacom Tablet! Each Digital Scrapbook Day Challenge layout you post to our challenge Gallery on Saturday or Sunday counts as an entry into our drawing!

Need to see these chat times in YOUR time zone?

• Simply set the forum time to your time zone in your forum settings (My Settings>General Account Settings> Time Zone).
  • Go to the November 01, 2014 - Scrap Girls Digital Scrapbooking Forum
  • Click on a specific chat to show the details.
  • The TOP PURPLE BAR will show the time in YOUR time zone!

Saturday, November 1st - Digital Scrapbooking Day

o 9:00 a.m. (ET) Templates Scrap10 Challenge (Valerie/Marilyn)

Join us for a chat all about templates. We will share tips for using them and show you how one template can be used many different ways. We will also give you a challenge using a template designed by Cindy Rohrbough.

o 10:30 a.m. (ET) Quick & Easy Pages Scrap10 Challenge (Valerie/Sarah B.)

Need to get some layouts done quickly? Join this chat about creating layouts using Easy Pages, JIF 6, Super 7 Spreads, and Nano Collections. We will talk about the differences between them, tips on how to use them, and ways to make them your own. We will even give you a little challenge using a JIFFY Layout created for us by Sarah Batdorf!

o 12:00 p.m. (ET) Beautiful Brushwork Scrap10 Challenge (April/Tiza)

Do brushes intimidate you? Or do you sometimes forget to use them in your layouts? In this chat, we'll explore the versatility of brushes and the different ways you can use them to enhance your pages.

o 1:30 p.m. (ET) Color Scrap10 Challenge (Conda/Theresa G)

Join us for a special Digital Scrapbooking Day/10th Anniversary Celebration Edition of the Color Challenge! In this chat, you'll get an exclusive color palette to work from as we focus on completing a colorful layout today!

o 3:00 p.m. (ET) ScrapSimple Scrap10 Challenge (Melanie)

Do you have some ScrapSimple Template products sitting in your stash, but you aren't sure how to use them? We’ll be discussing our favorite ScrapSimple products and share tips for getting them out of your stash and onto your layouts.

o 4:30 p.m. (ET) Scraplift Scrap10 Challenge (Conda)

We have an out-of-the-ordinary Digital Scrapbooking Day Scraplift Challenge planned. We will challenge you to gather inspiration while we creatively scraplift our way through the awesome Scrap Girls Gallery. You are sure to have a delightful layout when we are done!

o 6:00 p.m. (ET) FREE Mini Class: Cool Tools Scrap10 Challenge (Andrea/Jody)

Let us show you some great little tricks in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements that will make your pages come together quicker, easier, and with less frustration. These are tools we use everyday and tools we use for special effects. This Mini Class will be packed full of great ideas and easy-to-follow instructions.

o 7:30 p.m. (ET) Only in Digital Scrap10 Challenge (Carla/Theresa G)

In this chat, we’ll talk about techniques that can only be done by digital scrapbookers. We'll also discuss the advantages digital has over paper scrapping. And we’ll challenge you to create a layout using one of those techniques. Come tell us what you love about digital!

o 9:00 p.m. (ET) Speed Scrap Scrap10 Challenge (Shannon/Carla)

It’s time for a Speed Scrap! We'll have six tasks to challenge you, given out over the course of an hour, then you'll have an additional hour to post your layouts in the Scrap Girls Gallery. We'll have twists and turns, hills, and speed bumps to keep you going!

I have marked my calendar... if I can stay up until 12 midnight (Saturday here) I will be able to attend the first chat and if we get home from Church early enough I might make the last one.

I have marked my calendar... if I can stay up until 12 midnight (Saturday here) I will be able to attend the first chat and if we get home from Church early enough I might make the last one.

A-M - can you tell me time conversion please as you are in Australia too ?? :daisy:

Hi Jemima, as you are in NSW you will be 15 hours ahead of EST until Sunday Nov 2nd when you will be 16 hours ahead when US comes off daylight savings time. For all the chats mentioned above you need to add 16 hours :-)

I am in Adelaide so I have been watching the times as we move onto DLS and the States come off so I get to my chat on time!

It will be a full and fabulous day and even if you can't make every chat you can still complete a layout for the SG10 challenge. I can't make all of them either as we have my Auntie and Uncle's 40th wedding anniversary lunch and I was their flowergirl so it is going to be fun!

Thanks so much Jody but :secret: that's a too hard of a job to add 16 hrs. LOL... :D

But with a rough calculation - I might be here MY Monday - early morning... as we go out on a Sunday to church and that's the time here I think :closedeyes: !

Plus can I use NON SG KITS as I'VE LOST MINE :( ??!!?? (SEE MSG in the Newsletter Challenge (LOST DATA) with Carla!)

Thanks so much Jody but :secret: that's a too hard of a job to add 16 hrs. LOL... :D

But with a rough calculation - I might be here MY Monday - early morning... as we go out on a Sunday to church and that's the time here I think :closedeyes: !

Plus can I use NON SG KITS as I'VE LOST MINE :( ??!!?? (SEE MSG in the Newsletter Challenge (LOST DATA) with Carla!)

Jemima,

You can email Angie (hello@scrapgirls.com) and she'll send you new download links for your Scrap Girls supplies. The rules require mostly Scrap Girls supplies to be eligible to win. While you could still participate without them, you would lose eligibility.

Also, each chat is scheduled in the calendar with a time, so the calendar can do the time zone math for you.

Simply set the forum time to your time zone in your forum settings (My Settings>General Account Settings> Time Zone).

When you click on the individual chat from the sidebar or from within the Scrap Girls Event Calendar, you will see YOUR time displayed in the top purple bar!

Jemima, the FIRST chat is at 9am EST on SATURDAY NOV 1, this means it will be midnight Saturday for you, the last chat will be 9pm SATURDAY NOV 1 EST, which is 12noon on Sunday for YOU. The easiest way I do the conversion is to add 3 hours then flip am to pm or pm to am as needed.

Once it is Sunday in the STATES, which will be 3pm on our Sunday, you need to start adding 4 hours and flipping the am

and pm as we will be an hour further ahead when they lose that hour to daylight savings ending.

DONT WORRY FOR NOW!! All you need to know is that chats run from OUR TIME midnight Saturday to our time Sunday noon. See how you go :-).

And April has answered re requirements in the post above :-)

Thanks so much April _ I have already emailed Angie and awaiting her reply...

Thanks Jody for those times - but if they start midnight Saturday - I'll be asleep after all my computer issues still - and the last chat being Noon my Sunday - I'll be at church and lunch all day...

If you don't make the chats you can still do the LO's, is that right or can you only do LO's if you go to the chats.

I will miss most of them because i start back at work tomorrow but will try and make some at the end of the day.

Hi Ngaire, it's okay if you can't attend the chats. You can still do layouts and participate in the Scrap 10 challenges. Hope you'll be able to make it to some of the chats. :)

I ended up being up until nearly midnight last night so I will see how I go staying up that long tonight.... good thing we will be using a template as I may not be able to do too much clear thinking that time of the day.

Jane, are you selecting the GMT+12 hours New Zealand etc. Then have the automatically detect... ... ticked

Jane, are you selecting the GMT+12 hours New Zealand etc. Then have the automatically detect... ... ticked

yes i did that Ann-Marie

Jane,

I went into My Setting and tied to change mine and I got that error too.

The board software is automatically putting in an http on the website line. Delete that and it should work for you.

:whew: I'm done. Finished the last challenge just under the wire. :toot:

Now I've got to finish the last three from Week Two of the Anniversary Celebration. Then Week Three starts tomorrow. Yikes! I feel like I'm glued to my computer chair.