Pse10 & Mirror Reflections

Hello Everyone:

Been away from scrapping for quite some time. Ready to get back. Long story short - old pc had PSE8 (love it- always managed to figure out how to do what I wanted). New pc has PSE10 - I copied over my SS layeer styles and installed the Mirror action.

I feel as if I am at ground 0 and learning all over again. I cannot get it to work and I'm sure I am just missing something. I know it's installed correctly because it shows up in the actions in the guided edit section. It says action completed when I run it but it doesn't show up. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

SassyGranny

Hi Sassy,

I believe the mirror reflection action you see in the guided edit mode is the one that comes with PSE. It is not the one from Scrap Girls: ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Mirror Reflections Mini 8501

If you have installed the action (ATN) files correctly, and deleted or renamed the MediaDatabase.db3 and ThumbDatabase.db3 files and allowed the database to rebuild, then you should see the actions in your Full Edit effects panel. You may want to be sure you have copied the ATN and PNG files and pasted them according to these instructions which I copied from an older thread:

For Photoshop Elements 10, the path is:
Start > Computer > Local Disk (C:) > ProgramData > Adobe >Photoshop Elements >10.0 >Photo Creations > layer styles

Once you're inside the Layer Styles folder, press Ctrl V to paste the layer style.

Now go to:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_us
Locate the file called "Mediadatabase" and rename this file. You can make it OLDMediadatabase or anything you like. You are just renaming it so that Photoshop will rebuild the database. You do not want to delete it in case of the unlikely event that anything goes wrong. In this case, you can just change the name back to the original name.

4. Open PSE. It will take a while to rebuild the database.
You can find the styles under the layer styles panel under "Show All."

Note: After you rename or delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file, you may also want to rename or delete the ThumbDatabase.db3 file. This is so the PNG files will be visible in your effects panel.

HTH

Archived