How To Make A Member A Friend

momvetkat

I just have so much trouble figuring out how to do things here. I have been on this site a long time but still can't figure out how to add someone as a friend or how to name a link (a question I asked and that was answered a while ago, but I forgot how and when I tried to retrieve the answer, I couldn't find it). I have typed these questions in the help section search box, but no luck. Can anyone tell me the best way to find out how to navigate the site and find answers to questions that I know have already been answered?

Kathy, here is a link to some Forum Tutorials that will hopefully answer some of your questions.

To add a member as a friend, i usually just click on their screen name, which brings you to their profile page. On that page is a button that says "Add Me As a Friend" just click that button.

Hope that helps

Hi Kathy,

In addition to the information Melanie gave you, to add someone as a friend, you can hover your mouse over their screen name, and an information box will open. Just click on the Add as friend icon:

Click to enlarge:

Add Friend.jpg

There have been many changes with the last forum upgrade and it's possible that some the answers you received before and can't find now are no longer available. Don't hesitate to post your questions again. We have lots of members who love to help. HTH :)

Kathy, if you need to, just ask again, and again, and again if necessary. ;)

We're always happy to help. I think all of us have times when we can't find an answer that we know is here someplace, but we just can't find it. It happens to me too, so try not to let it bother you. So, just ask away, any time at all. :bighug:

Hi Kathy,

In addition to the information Melanie gave you, to add someone as a friend, you can hover your mouse over their screen name, and an information box will open. Just click on the Add as friend icon:

Click to enlarge:

attachicon.gifAdd Friend.jpg

There have been many changes with the last forum upgrade and it's possible that some the answers you received before and can't find now are no longer available. Don't hesitate to post your questions again. We have lots of members who love to help. HTH :)

That's cool Theresa, i didn't know you could do it that way!

Hi Kathy,

Click to enlarge:

SG is like PSE/PS - more than one way to accomplish the same thing, lol. ;)

Hi Kathy,

Click to enlarge:

Me either, didn't know that, very neat!

At first I didn't follow directions (bad me) and hovered over the pic so it didn't work, but hovering over the screen name by golly brings up that box, thanks Theresa! :)

I tried but it seems she is already my friend (though only option was to remove her as a friend). She is very new and only posted once and got no response. We have responded to each other a couple of times on messenger and and we bonded because we are a little insecure about our pages and we aren't here as often as a lot of people who have gotten really close. A related problem is that I only know people by there user name, so when posts mention certain people by name, I don't know who they are referring to (my name is Kathy). I just searched for her and she isn't listed as a member. Here use name is (was?) ResesPeses.

I tried but it seems she is already my friend (though only option was to remove her as a friend). She is very new and only posted once and got no response. We have responded to each other a couple of times on messenger and and we bonded because we are a little insecure about our pages and we aren't here as often as a lot of people who have gotten really close. A related problem is that I only know people by there user name, so when posts mention certain people by name, I don't know who they are referring to (my name is Kathy). I just searched for her and she isn't listed as a member. Here use name is (was?) ResesPeses.

Hi Kathy,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Yes, she is already your friend. When you try to add someone as a friend, there are only two options - either Add Friend or Remove Friend. On her profile page here: ResesPeses, you are listed as a friend of hers. Apparently, her name is Rese and her user name is ResesPeses. She is still an active member.

I'm not sure what you mean about she only posted once and got no response - She did post one time in the Introduce Yourself Forum and there were sixteen replies to her post. You can see the post here: Love Digital Scrapbooking. HTH :)

I am sorry to keep going on about this but when she told me there was no response, I knew that had to be wrong. I have always felt welcome here. I don't participate much but I happened to come across her first page and responded because her dog was Turbo, too. She probably doesn't know about the responses, because (like me) her settings were wrong. Please don't kill the messenger... just trying to help. She has never posted again yet she responds to messages. I'm done. Like this site and don't want to upset anyone.

Hi Kathy,

I know we had some message confusion, so I sent you a PM earlier in the week about how to change your notifications. Please let me know here if it didn't get to you and I'll check into it, ok?

We're all glad you're here and as April said, we care and want to help. It's what I like best about this site and you are an important part of it.

I remember the layouts you are talking about because at first I was confused thinking it was your Turbo, then was so surprised that there were two Turbos, what are the chances?! :D

Please don't ever hesitate to ask for help or post your concerns, for sure we all want happy ScrapGirls! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

PS I went looking and here is the profile page for RESE. (ResesPeces). I think there's an email address there too, if that helps?

Let us know if you need any more help figuring it out, ok? It's never, ever a problem.

Archived