Brandy Murray's Ultimate Artist Action Set

pgb

I have just purchased the above and I cannot get the water color brush to work at all. I have tried 2 different pictures, using the action, and the action works as expected as do the marker and sketch brush....but not the watercolor brush. Nothing happens at all when I use it. Tried to use it to paint with (as Brandy shows doing in the videos) but no painting happens. I have a project in mind for this and have high hopes of putting it on my wall so I hope someone out there can help.

Thanks

Pat

baronpg@gmail.com

Windows 7

PS CC2014

Wacom Intuous 4 Tablet

I'm afraid I'm not very good at fixing problems - I'm sure someone who is will be along soon. But in the mean time - have you tried re-installing the brush file? - sometimes that will do the trick.

Hi Pat,

Sorry, but I'm not sure what might be causing the problem - I sent a message to Brandy to let her know. Hopefully she'll get back to you soon. :)

Hey Pat,

So sorry you are having trouble.

The only problem I know of is with the new Bamboo tablets that came out after this action. Some people reported that brush wouldn't work, then I had some that says it works fine. We looked all over the last time trying to figure it out. The older bamboo tablets are ok. I hope this isn't the problem you are having.

Let us know!

I have re-installed the brushes several times and I have a Wacom Intuous tablet not a bamboo. I am able to select a different brush and paint with it so I don't think it's my system or hardware. Also, the marker and the sketch brush work just not the watercolor, which of course is the one I want to use.

If I may be so bold as to say that you should disclose if you know there is a possible problem with the product! I will select another brush and attempt to copy your settings for the watercolor brush and see if that works.

While I absolutely love your work (Brandy) I am not too happy with how this is going.

Pat

I use CS 6 and an Intuous 4 tablet and the watercolor brush was working for me.

I saw there were come compatibility issues with Wacom tablets and CC 2014, but that doesn't sound like it is the problem.

Have you tried using a mouse (if you still have one) to see if the brush works that way?

I hear you Pat, and I understand what you are saying, I do. I thought about it, but until now, I only had 1 issue, so I wasn't sure if it was isolated. We thought it might be the settings on the tablet. I've not had any trouble with an Intuous tablet, I use one myself. That brush uses a color dynamic that the others don't. So try turning that part off in the brush settings and see if that helps. Also check the color settings on your computer. Goto Edit>Convert Profile and make sure the Profile is the sRBG IEC…

Let me know if that helps.

Hi all....I am here to make my apology for my frustration of yesterday.

I spent this morning tying out more "fixes". This brush seems to work better when my pen sensitivity is set to the softest setting. It is not quite as slick as when Brandy is doing it in the video(but is likely due to the operator). I think I can fine tune me or it to get the outcomes I hope for. I,m now wondering what the change in pen sensitivity will do for the rest of my brush work. Always something!!!

Brandy what is your pen sensitivity set at and do you change it for different tasks?

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my frustration and I am sorry for my outburst. I should learn to ask for help BEFORE I reach this point.

Pat

No apologies needed Pat! I'm not sure of my setting (it's not plugged in at the moment) I know it set it to a faster setting then the default, I never change it. I don't always keep it plugged in because of the fly out window gets in my way...LOL

Anyway.. I am glad to know you got it working.

Hugs,

I've had this problem too and use a bamboo tablet. I've been switching to the mouse if I want to use that brush. I'll have to see if I can change the sensitivity settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having troubles too. On a portrait, the skin has little red splotches. I use a wacom but I have tried using the water color brush with a mouse. I have seen some beautiful layouts on a lot of different websites. I really wanted this to work and have tried it on a plethora of pictures and I haven't had one turn out. I have tried adjusting my tablet too but since it doesn't work well with my mouse I am pretty sure the wacom isn't the cause of the problem. . Has anyone else purchased another watercolor action that will work all the time?

Sorry for the trouble ladies... I am trying to figure this out and why it works for most but not for a few folks. Anyone here with a Photoshop CS version and having trouble willing to work with me to try some tests?

Let me know, maybe we can figure it out together. I'd certainly do it myself, but I can't replicate the problem.

Since it works for most, I would love to hear from someone that uses PSE 11 some tricks that work for them. I'm actually getting PSE 13 for Christmas. (yes, I snooped.) I love having an action for this technique because it makes it so much easier. Last night, I learned how to watercolor a picture without using an action, but, it takes forever! I did find out that PSE 11 doesn't have some of the filters that PS has. I hope you can fix this or someone can tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong. My guess is it depends on what version of PS or PSE you use. I have seen some beautiful layouts on this website that have used your action, so I know it works too. Thanks for trying to work this out, Brandy.

Brandy - I have CS6 and Ultimate Artist (which I've played around with but never felt comfortable with my results). I also have a Wacom tablet but I rarely use the pen setting. I would be willing to "trouble shoot" but I am rarely home -won't be back until Friday. I'd love to help though.

Brandy - I have CS6 and Ultimate Artist (which I've played around with but never felt comfortable with my results). I also have a Wacom tablet but I rarely use the pen setting. I would be willing to "trouble shoot" but I am rarely home -won't be back until Friday. I'd love to help though.

That's great Cathy! Can you check to see if your watercolor brush works? I am looking for someone who has trouble with that brush not working. Most people don't, but I am finding that a few people do. We don't know if it is the tablet setting or the brush itself. You can email me at brandym.scrapgirls@gmail.com? Just whenever you get back... thanks so much!!

After reading this I decided to try with my Wacom Bamboo....the water color brush would not work, the other two painted but the marker brush size would not enlarge...I am not a pro with the pen/tablet but I could do it with the mouse.

I will be watching to see what happens

Hmmm reading this topic makes me want to use this technique. I own it but have had zero time to even look at the video - so I will do so soon and hopefully it will all work out. I use PS cc if you still need someone to trouble shoot? I only use my WACOM Intros, never a mouse. so I will see if it works for me :)

Archived