Does Anyone Know Why This Is Happening?

ruralscrapper

I hoping someone here might have the cure for my scanner! I have an Epson Perfection 1260 scanner. Lately whenever I scan a picture at 300 dpi I get a red line through the center of my picture. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening all of a sudden? Is it time for a new scanner? TIA

Gosh Patti, I have the 1250 and never had that happen to me. Maybe you have a scratch on the glass of the bed? I don't know.

Have you checked the Epson website for FAQ's?

I'd like to know what you figure out about this so we can all learn from your experience.

(And if there was ever an excuse to [i]have[/i] to upgrade, seems like now would be it - LOL)!

Patti, just curious, is there a setting or something you changed for aligning or straightening? Is there any way to reset your default settings in the program to make it go away? Did your software recently get updated? Sometimes weird things happen with my programs when Microsoft does an automatic update?

Okay, so the problem is fixed :dancingcow: But I have to admit... I dunno how for sure. I unplugged my scanner for a bit and straightened out the USB cord and now it is scanning perfectly again :disappearing-smilie:

I have to admit though I was kind of excited about the thought of upgrading <_< Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be!

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions!

Glad you got the thing fixed Patti! My mother had the same problem and she got an engineer out because the computer was still under extended guarantee. He fiddled about with the connector cable from the scanner to the computer port and then it worked. He said it was wear and tear. Sometimes re-straightening the cable works and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't then it is time for another scanner. He also said that all cables should be protected by flexible plastic tubing which keeps them from being squashed and people tripping over them if you have an open workstation. It's the stress on the wire inside caused by kinks in the cable that causes this.

Archived