Loading Vs. Installing Brushes In Pse13?

chattycat89

Almost finished with the Digital Scrapbooking class found in the boutique & just covered 1) Loading brushes as you need them, 2) adding brushes to the Preset Manager and 3) Installing a brush set. In what circumstances do you use each of the options? Seems like my first instinct is to just install all the (years' worth) of brushes that I have but is there a reason why you wouldn't want them all in there?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Cathy

Oh, yeah, slowing down the software would be frustrating & I don't have the patience for self-inflicted frustration so I guess I'll not do them all, just the one's I use most often maybe. Thanks for saving me from asking why PSE suddenly slowed way down after I installed them. ;)

Cathy

I have just posted this reply in another forum:

I've decided to keep my brushes on my desktop. I keep them sorted, by Animals and people; Decorative;Dyn Brushes;Edging masks etc; word art;flowers; misc;my own.

I also keep the png files stored there so that I can see what the brush will do. The name does not always tell you. I have PSE 11 and if I want to use a brush I just drag it onto my work space. Easy Peasy. This way I don't slow down my PC with lots of brushes. I am only going to install the Straight Stitch brush because I use that one so much.

When I had PSE 9, I knew how to install the brushes but just cannot get it right now. I wanted to install them in groups under the above headings so that they are not all over the place but have just not managed to do that. So for now they will stay on my desktop.

Oooh, I like that idea! Right now, I have them (brushes & png's) sorted within My Documents with all the other same-category-non-brush embellishments but I like the idea of having JUST the brushes sorted on my desktop. I'll have to play some more to see what seems to work best for me but that idea is definitely going to stay in my mind as I learn/play.

Thanks!

Archived