Texting Technique

Joey

I am texting on top of DEB_SSPaper_85x11Antiquities. I know there is a technique for making the text ripple as it goes over the paper ripples, but I can't work it out. I have attached copy of page I am working on.

post-22303-0-94700300-1419199471_thumb.jpg

Hi Joey,

If you have the full version of Photoshop, I have a Natural Text Action, which allows you to quickly and easily blend text into your paper for a natural and realistic effect. It only works in full PS, though, it is not compatible with Photoshop Elements or any other program.

HTH! :)

Well shoot! I'm working in PSE13. I tried blending modes. Will try again, this time also working with opacity. Thanks for the suggestions.

PSE designers - this shoulds like a good new year's project. Just saying!

I think the "displacement map" is the way to go but you could also try to ripple your text if nothing else works. Type text; select 'Create Warp Text' select 'Flag.' Move slider until it looks better on the page. The Displacement map is a lot of work but worth the time.I have a tutorial somewhere but I'm in the process of reorganising my stash so have no idea where to find it at the moment.

Hi ladies, I'm just seeing this. This question started on an older thread and Jennifer was able to make a cool action for PS users. So if you are a PSE user you can find the topic here:

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/59912-adding-text-to-wrinkled-paper/?hl=%2Bdisplacement+%2Bmap#entry1091316

I hope that helps some!

Happy Holidays!

Thank you so much ladies! So many good ideas. I went back to the older thread and copied and pasted lots of stuff from there, too. Now off to experiment.

Merry Christmas to all :santa:

Archived