Project Life 2015

mbc72

The details for PL2015 are the same as last year:

SG Project Life is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year. There is not a set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.

SG Project Life is similar to a Project 52 or 365 which are year long challenges of creating 52 weekly layouts (one for each week of the year) or taking 365 photos (a photo a day) and documenting them. We don't want overwhelm anyone with daunting requirements so we simply give you the challenge to document your year then let you approach this project in a way that meets your individual goals.

Here are some typical formats our members have chosen:

One layout for each week of the year (single or double pages)
A double page layout covering two weeks
One layout (single or double paged) per month
A monthly calendar style layout with or without a companion page.
Scrap the significant events from each month-- some months with more pages than others.
Use "Pocket Life" products to document your year.

You can choose one of these formats or create your own. The way you go about it is really up to you; however, we do have a few requirements if you wish to participate in the "official" SG Project Life for 2015 and be eligible for the associated prizes.

Requirements:
You must post your layouts to the SG Project Life 2015 Gallery in order for them to earn points toward the quarterly drawings
Your photos must be from the current year

In order to receive the participation prize you will need to post 12 layouts (one for each month of 2015) in the gallery.
If you are a hybrid or traditional scrapper, you are welcome to join the challenge too. Simply post photos or scans of your finished pages.

Prizes:

Quarterly Drawing Prize - Digital Layout Template
Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery. Each layout uploaded to this Gallery earns 1 point, a double page earns 2, with a maximum number of points for a month being 4. You may upload more than 4 layouts if you are catching up, but you will only get 4 points for that month.

Each person who completes layouts for the entire year of 2015 (at least one layout for each month of 2015) will receive a participation prize for staying up to date!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the blog post - sounds like something I want to do.

You'll love it! This will be my 5th year doing this challenge, and my style has certainly evolved over the years but I love having a quick way to look back at what the previous years had in store for us.

You won't be sorry! My family loves the books from the past years and now that we live so far from the rest of our family, the girls enjoy looking through the books and talking about the year when people to visit!

Guest Doris R

I have fallen so behind in my scrapping...maybe this will help me stay on task and I'll be able to leave a legacy of books for my daughters and granddaughters. I'm going to really try to do this. One question...must I use current designers from SG or can I use from my old stash too?

I have fallen so behind in my scrapping...maybe this will help me stay on task and I'll be able to leave a legacy of books for my daughters and granddaughters. I'm going to really try to do this. One question...must I use current designers from SG or can I use from my old stash too?

Doris, I will double check the supplies requirements.

So happy to see so many scrappers giving this a try this year!

We are 5 days into the New Year, what are you taking pictures of?

So far most of my photos have involved putting away Christmas and cleaning house. Riveting stuff, right? I am following a few photography lists for the year and will use those for days when I can't think of anything else, or just want to play around with my camera. I am also hoping to photograph more of our food this year, so I can make recipe cards.

So happy to see so many scrappers giving this a try this year!

We are 5 days into the New Year, what are you taking pictures of?

So far most of my photos have involved putting away Christmas and cleaning house. Riveting stuff, right? I am following a few photography lists for the year and will use those for days when I can't think of anything else, or just want to play around with my camera. I am also hoping to photograph more of our food this year, so I can make recipe cards.

I so understand what you are saying....a picture a day sure makes you look at EVERYTHNG in a different way doesn't it?? I am going to do Recipe card LO's this year too for the 6x6 LO Holder stand I just got.

I'm going to give this a try—I like the flexibility of the challenge, since we're traveling (and away from computer) so often during the year.

Is it a requirement to use Scrap Girls products, or a certain percentage of SG products?

We would love to see you use as many SG products as possible- current or retired. After all, we do have the best design team around! The designers are happy to entertain any product requests you might need, so if you can't find it, ask away, and I bet someone will be willing to take it on.

We would love to see you use as many SG products as possible- current or retired. After all, we do have the best design team around! The designers are happy to entertain any product requests you might need, so if you can't find it, ask away, and I bet someone will be willing to take it on.

Sounds good....will do.

I really need to start snapping more! Some days are just so ordinary that it is hard to think of how to scrap ordinary!

I really need to start snapping more! Some days are just so ordinary that it is hard to think of how to scrap ordinary!

I know what you mean, Lei, that is why I am following a few photo lists and prompts, for those days that I have nothing to photograph.

If anyone is on Pinterest, I have a Project Life Board where I am trying to pin some ideas to keep me inspired http://www.pinterest.com/mbc72/scrapbooking-project-life/

I know what you mean, Lei, that is why I am following a few photo lists and prompts, for those days that I have nothing to photograph.

If anyone is on Pinterest, I have a Project Life Board where I am trying to pin some ideas to keep me inspired http://www.pinterest.com/mbc72/scrapbooking-project-life/

I'm following you.....Thanks for the info....great ideas on there

I'm following you.....Thanks for the info....great ideas on there

Great board, Melanie - I just started following it too. :)

Can you tell me if there are any PSD Temp for 12x12 calendars...(.similar to the one in the Newsletter).....in the Boutique

I going to give it a good try this year! Though I'm not eligible for any prizes, being on the design team, I think I need the challenge to keep current. I've just completed designing the first in a series of monthly layout templates, which I plan to put to good use for myself.

I've also done a new desktop layout for myself every month for the past year and half or so, and didn't realize until just recently, that is also a great way of staying up to date with layouts! It's just a little different in size, so I don't think I will print them.

Can you tell me if there are any PSD Temp for 12x12 calendars...(.similar to the one in the Newsletter).....in the Boutique

I am not sure which calendars you are referring to, but here are a few that come 12x12:

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Color Your 365 - Planner 2015 These are specific to 2015 and have the dates filled in. You get lots of other goodies, as well.

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Editable Calendars I am pretty sure these are 12 x 12, although it doesn't specifically say that. These are perpetual, meaning the dates are not filled in, but that's pretty easy to do.

ScrapSimple Calendar Templates: Looking Back These are also perpetual and I know they are 12x12 (and 8.5x11) because I have them. They come with one monthly template and 2 12 space year in review type of templates:

I going to give it a good try this year! Though I'm not eligible for any prizes, being on the design team, I think I need the challenge to keep current. I've just completed designing the first in a series of monthly layout templates, which I plan to put to good use for myself.

I've also done a new desktop layout for myself every month for the past year and half or so, and didn't realize until just recently, that is also a great way of staying up to date with layouts! It's just a little different in size, so I don't think I will print them.

Hooray, welcome, Marlene!!

I have to confess that I have seen Marlene's new templates and they are amazing, and super easy to work with!

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Editable Calendars I am pretty sure these are 12 x 12, although it doesn't specifically say that. These are perpetual, meaning the dates are not filled in, but that's pretty easy to do.

This is the one I use! You have to shift the dates a bit every year, but there are -I think- four different designs included. I use a different design each year.

This is the one I use! You have to shift the dates a bit every year, but there are -I think- four different designs included. I use a different design each year.

Is it a PSD file???

This year I have gone back to trying to take a photo each day and use a 8.5 x 11 page format so I can print my page and use a simple folder for them.

Looks like I am first in the gallery with WEEK 1

This year I have gone back to trying to take a photo each day and use a 8.5 x 11 page format so I can print my page and use a simple folder for them.

Looks like I am first in the gallery with WEEK 1

Way to go Anne-Marie, our first layout of 2015!

Is it a PSD file???

Exactly what I wondered, Becky. I love how yours look so tried to buy what I thought you used, but each date square wasn't a PSD file in the ones I have. Is this one individual boxes? I know I can do it myself, but I don't like when they are not PSD to start. Lazy I guess, I want the designers to do it for me! :D

I sent Syndee am email asking her about these calendars.

Okay, she said that if they say they are editable, then they will be in .psd format. Now, whether or not each square is on a separate layer, I am not sure.

Archived