Styles Won't Work With Pse12

Boatlady

In December I purchased TCS_SSTools_Stu;e_Gold 5702 and SNU_SSStyles_ShadowMe6301 but they won't seem to work with PSE12, in fact they do not even show up when I open the program. I have loaded and used Brandy Murry's, they work fine. Anyone have an ideas? I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance.

Hi Debby! I have Shadow Me working in PSE12... did you load them same as usual? From the pull down menu, load styles?

And incidentally, if you can't find them, are any others missing?? Just curious as I did something a few months back and lost a lot of mine and had to reload but I don't know what exactly I did... I just wondered if others were missing too as it might be something like that... ? They were on my computer no problem, just lost from PSE12...

Let me know if you are stuck still?

Have you tried this way:

• Make sure you are in Expert Mode.
• Open the Effects panel (Window > Effects).
• At the top of the panel, click on Styles
• In the upper right corner, click on the icon to open a flyout menu.
• Choose Load Styles.
• Navigate to the folder with the .asl layer style you want to load and double click on it.
• The style will appear on the panel.
• The style will also be listed in the menu of styles at the top of the Styles panel for access at any time until you delete them.

Also if you installed them directly into PSE, does PSE12 still have the .db3 files? I know in previous versions you would have to delete that file then restart PSE and allow it to rebuild. When it rebuilds it basically grabs all the new files in PSE and they will show up then

That should do it! And PSE12 doesn't need to rebuild from database files anymore thankfully...

Just follow Angie's instructions Debby :-)

If all else fails we can rebuild the preferences in PSE and see if it wont load up that way...

Fingers crossed for you!

Fixed...duh...what a *** I am...I didn't load them. Thank you so much Jody and Angie...that was what I needed.....now I can go play. This Purple Place always has the answer. Happy Scrapper here.

Archived