Instagram - Help!

zebidee75

Instagram and all it's filters has intrigued me for a while and I've been meaning to look into it. Today I finally got round to it! I've created an account (from my Android Tablet) and I've logged into my account on my PC. What I want to do now is pull in photos that are on my PC, load them into Instagram and have a play - but how on earth do I do that???? I can't find anything useful, no menus, no nothing in Instagram....idiots guide needed please......

From what I understand you need to transfer those photos from pc to tablet and upload via the app or mobile site... I am pretty sure you can't do it from desktop as they wanted to stay exclusively mobile... There are 3rd party apps but they seem to get shut down pretty quickly by instagram or they disable your account...

Can you drag them onto your tablet?

Wish it were easier, sorry :-(

Are you just wanting to post those photos on instagram? If so what you'll need to do is first get those photos to your tablet/phone. What I use is drop box. I have it set up on my phone and computer. I put the photos in a folder and I can access them on both locations. (you can do the same with scrapping supplies by doing this)

Once they are in drop box, when i'm on my phone I open Instagram. Across the bottom row of icons, there's one with the instagram logo, click that. Then instead of taking a photo, I click the one on the left (a set of 9 squares) You can choose the source of where you want the photo to come from. I click on drop box, choose the photo, then you can add all the instagram filters to it

Hope this helps some...if not drop me an email and i'll see if I can help some more. There's so many things you can do with the photos and different apps you can use to apply things to photos before posting, it's kind of fun and addicting!

Yeap...what Amanda said. I was just getting ready to ask you where you were trying to do this from. If your on the PC you can only view (that frustrated me to begin with until I figured that out...or my kids told me) But once you get the app you can have all the fun

I've got the app on my android tablet. I think DH said something about either being able to get the tablet to view our NAS (where all the photos are) or to copy the photos into a Google folder. I do have a dropbox account so I might try your suggestion Angie seeing as your instructions are more comprehensive than DH's! I'll give it a go and let you know when I next get stumped!!!

Thanks everyone, I knew someone round here would be in the know!

I'm like you Belle. Never used Instagram. My phone is a phone & camera but I don't do internet on it.

I'm the same ladies. I just have a plain ole simple cell phone with a camera. I carry it around for emergencies and it's a Pay-As-You-Go phone. I pay $100 for minutes and that lasts for a year. I now have over $300 worth of time on my phone that's good till this November. Then I just add more money as follows: $10-24.99 last 30 days, $25.00 to $99 will last 90 days; $100 will last one year. Then as long as you add money to your phone before the expiration date, the money gets added to your current balance. If you miss the expiration date, unfortunately you lose the money. They do have an automatic reminder that lets you know when your account is going to expire. I always use the $100 refill and I don't have to worry about it for another year. I'm going to check and see if they have any newer type of phones.

Archived