Thursday Challenge January 15, 2015

MariJ

This week we've been exploring Pantone's Color of the Year "Marsala" for inspiration. Since I'm not familiar with the Pantone Color Institute, I went over to their website to read more about it and why it was chosen.

I found that, "A naturally robust and earthy red wine, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us in to its embracing warmth."

Intrigued? Me too… Exploring more I found these delightful descriptions:

"Dramatic and… grounding, the rich and full-bodied red-brown Marsala brings color warmth"

"grounding red-brown roots"

"sophisticated, natural earthiness"

"elegant, grounded statement color"

"earthy shade with a bit of sophistication, texture is the story"

Pantone Color of the Year 2015

Now I was really interested and started thinking about Nature and the great outdoors and how grounding and warm the earth can be. I thought of the many times I've been outside and could feel the energy of my surroundings and how color, texture and "earthy, yet sophistication" can be found all over our environments.

So for today I challenge you to scrap a place where you felt/feel grounded. It could be a vacation photo, a tree or even your own backyard, as long as it's a place where you feel the warm embrace and energy of nature. You can even include a bit of "marsala" on your page if you'd like!

Please post your layout in the Thursday Challenge Gallery for all of us to see! :)

Here's my layout:

Marsala Grounded

I'll do a layout. And just s you know Pantone colors are used internationally. Each Pantone number gets used if for I stance I am an interior decorator who needs curtains made in China, or Italy, I let them know the Pantone color so there is no mistake in my merchandise. Also in printing, when artwork goes to a printer for say labels, the GRaphic Designer lets the printer know which Pantone colors to use. It's a smart system :)

This is a great challenge Marilyn... I love what is being done by all the digi-scrappes. Here is my "grounded on the water" page.

Andrea when my hubby worked a short time for a plastics manufacturer who made bottles for Avon, Vanderbuilt and Mary Kay to name a few, they used the system to make sure all the plastic bottles were the right color. Interesting system for sure.

I'll do a layout. And just s you know Pantone colors are used internationally. Each Pantone number gets used if for I stance I am an interior decorator who needs curtains made in China, or Italy, I let them know the Pantone color so there is no mistake in my merchandise. Also in printing, when artwork goes to a printer for say labels, the GRaphic Designer lets the printer know which Pantone colors to use. It's a smart system :)

This is a great challenge Marilyn... I love what is being done by all the digi-scrappes. Here is my "grounded on the water" page.

Andrea when my hubby worked a short time for a plastics manufacturer who made bottles for Avon, Vanderbuilt and Mary Kay to name a few, they used the system to make sure all the plastic bottles were the right color. Interesting system for sure.

Very interesting Andrea, I didn't know this - thanks!

You too Debby - very cool! Lots of interesting info, thank you. :)

Archived