Copic Markers?

CRS

I have also resisted the urge as I know it would be just like when I bring home a bag of potato chips.....

LOL - hilarious analogy!

Btw, I used to say this kind of thing about scrapbooking...for the longest time back in the late 90s I would not allow myself to even LOOK in the scrapbooking aisle in stores b/c I knew I'd be sucked in to yet another hobby. Then a friend invited me to a party and of course I had to say yes and the rest is history. Bwahahaha! The cross stitching now languishes:)

• Like 1

Well, the decision was made for me...dh ordered them for my bday. If he wanted to surprise me, she should have a separate Amazon account that's not hooked up to my email :)

ROFL! Love that he bought them for you, and tell your DH that he needs a separate account and pronto, lol.

I have also resisted the urge as I know it would be just like when I bring home a bag of potato chips.....

LOL - hilarious analogy!

Btw, I used to say this kind of thing about scrapbooking...for the longest time back in the late 90s I would not allow myself to even LOOK in the scrapbooking aisle in stores b/c I knew I'd be sucked in to yet another hobby. Then a friend invited me to a party and of course I had to say yes and the rest is history. Bwahahaha! The cross stitching now languishes:)

LOL - I hear ya, Cheri! :D

LOL...tons of scrapbookers I know are ex-cross stitchers! :) I still love the idea of cross stitching. If I ever don't have enough to scrapbook about/design (yeah right!) I'll totally pick up some of my old un-finished/not-yet-started cross stitching:)

LOL...tons of scrapbookers I know are ex-cross stitchers! :) I still love the idea of cross stitching. If I ever don't have enough to scrapbook about/design (yeah right!) I'll totally pick up some of my old un-finished/not-yet-started cross stitching:)

LOL - me too, but I have to add a bunch of other hobbies to the list all of which I've at least dabbled in at one time or another: cross stitching, rubber stamping/card making, quilling, jewelry making, crocheting, knitting, quilting, decorative painting, polymer clay, and the list goes on...

I love it all!! That's the problem - I love it all. ♥ ♥ ♥

On my to-do list this year: clean out and re-organize my overstuffed craft room. Now that's a project that should be a ton of fun :monkeydance::bouncing-frog::monkeydance:

Don't know how soon (if ever) I'll get back to any of my UFOs. :dunno:

• 1 month later...

I have tried them a bit, and I've had some success. Blending isn't too hard with the right color combos. But figuring out the color combos is the challenging part to me. And as you said, Marilyn, time is a factor. I hope once the yearbook is finished, I'll have more time to play with them. Less than a month until the due date on that!

• 2 weeks later...

Carla have you downloaded the colour chart from the Copic website? It has all the colours in families and if you pick the colours in the right way they should blend quite easily. Unfortunately it's been so long since I used mine that I can't remember if you blend using colours round the rings, or down into the centre of the circle, but I'm sure if you googled it you'd find out!

Good luck with the year book.

• 1 year later...

I am a big Tim Holtz fan and have the set of his Distress Markers. I find them easy to use. But of late I have not done a lot of paper scrapping because I don't have a room where I can spread out. My scrap supplies are stored in 3 rooms and I work on a small round table.

I feel your pain Laraine. I spent some time re-arranging my craft room/studio, and now I need shelves. Everything is in boxes and I can't see through the box. Lol. Also have some in bags. I need shelves. Work in progress. I do a lot of art journaling and painting, but that's on the back burner because I have to organize and find mu stash of everything.

• Like 1

Hi Carla!! I'm glad she ordered you the Copics......they are great!! I got them last year as a Christmas gift!! There is a learning curve so don't get frustrated.....for those of you that are thinking of purchasing....first off think about colors you like and what you love to color.. Flowers? think about greens....look at the charts for greens.....for instance....YG11, YG13, YG 17, these are in the same color spectrum, so you can do shading....the same is true for your other colors.....so often in the kits you only have one of each....if anyone has any questions contact me.

• 3 years later...

I read an article saying that copic is the best product on the market, but I think it a bit expensive. One alternative to copic markers that get as close to the quality and consistency of real copic is Prismacolor. These are high-quality markers but at a price that most people can afford. It is very suitable for beginners.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2015 at 7:39 PM, CRS said:

Thanks for all the insight! I checked my local scrapbook store and they don't have any classes coming up for copics. I just want to be sure I'll use them before I sink all that money into it, ya know?

Yes - beautiful way to add color to your projects but the COPIC brand is the most expensive type of alcohol marker!! I haven't. tried the Copic brand yet because of this. I have tried 3 other brands though:

Arteza Everblends - sometimes splotchy color (most likely due to user error), dual tips, brush end is stiff

Blick - great even color & dries smooth, dual tips, brush end is soft & flexible.

Art Marker - (bought at craft store that no longer exists) dual tips, not a HUGE variety of color, brush end stiff, doesn't blend easily.

Hope that helps - there are a lot more alcohol marker brand choices besides Copics - but I would LOVE to try them! Michael's did have a buy on get the other half off recently ... :)

368C2324-7029-4446-8131-FA47670B56FD_1_201_a.heic

• 2 months later...